Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

With all these manufacturers doing updates over air, what makes you think they’re not downloading car data and keeping a database of launch data and a discrepancy would be raised if they detected differences?
I assumed EV Manufacturers were the only ones doing Wireless Updates? TCU Tunes would definitely cause the car to be flagged. As far as I know Piggy Backs (JB4) are still undetectable by VAG. ..unless you physically leave it in the car.

With all these manufacturers doing updates over air, what makes you think they’re not downloading car data and keeping a database of launch data and a discrepancy would be raised if they detected differences?
Friend of mine worked for a VAG subsidiary for a bit, in a division trying to mine user data in Audi's. Pretty much theres no restrictions in the US for manufacturers using that data, but his division was figuring out how to navigate EU privacy laws and still get useful info.

unless there was a bulletin for the issue youd be paying out of pocket for that job. lol.
They would not get a sale from me then....

They know its an issue but yet not do poop about it? no thanks.....

Again...check that issue when the car is new new, or no sale....

I assumed EV Manufacturers were the only ones doing Wireless Updates? TCU Tunes would definitely cause the car to be flagged. As far as I know Piggy Backs (JB4) are still undetectable by VAG. ..unless you physically leave it in the car.
I was able to do a wireless update on my old 2016 Fiesta ST. I had to go to a website through the cars wifi and select the certain update.

But I think these days, All Mighty Elon, can log into your car with out you knowing and do whatever changes/updates he wants.

Also, when looking at Tacomas, there have been a few that have a sticker on the inside of the cabin that states something like "transmission is being monitored blah blah blah". So I would take that as something in the car is recording the info somehow and possibly sending it to Toyota?

This......

data-sticker-jpg.4686131

This......

data-sticker-jpg.4686131
Updated as of: January 1, 2023

We may modify this Privacy Notice by posting a new version at www.toyota.com/privacyvts, effective on the date of publication

This Privacy Notice DOES NOT apply to:​

• Use of Toyota Supra Connect. Please visit supraconnect.com for relevant terms.
  • Data collection unrelated to Connected Services on Toyota websites, or on sites that we do not own, operate or control.
  • Any Toyota vehicles equipped with Connected Services located outside of the continental United States, Alaska and Hawaii.

This Privacy Notice MAY NOT apply to rental vehicles to the extent certain Connected Services are not made available by the rental company. For rental vehicles, the terms and conditions and privacy policy of the applicable rental company may also govern how data about the vehicle is collected and used.
This Privacy Notice applies to your Account information and vehicle data that we collect, use, store, share and secure to provide Connected Services to you, including when you use the Toyota app. This Privacy Notice also applies to vehicles manufactured in partnership with other companies that are equipped with Connected Services, including the Subaru Solterra.

Toyota is committed to transparency and providing you with a clear understanding of how we collect, process, and share your personal information and vehicle data, including options to limit use of your data. You can find out more by visiting the Toyota Motor North America Privacy Hub at https://privacy.toyota.com.
How We Use, Store, Share and Secure Data From Your Vehicle Equipped With Connected Services.

When you purchased or leased your vehicle, your vehicle may have been equipped with an active Connected Services system which operates by collecting data from you and your vehicle, including vehicle location, health and driving data, to support navigation assistance, emergency services, remote engine start, maintenance alerts, infotainment apps and more.

By purchasing or leasing a vehicle equipped with an active Connected Services system, you specifically consent to our electronic collection and use of your account information and vehicle data and our storage of such data wherever we designate. You are in control over the Connected Services system. You can choose to opt-out of Connected Services. You can also request deactivation of data transmission, which disables our collection and use of vehicle data and certain account information.
  • Safety Connect. Your vehicle’s Safety Connect feature provides roadside and emergency assistance, automatic collision notifications, stolen vehicle assistance and accident advisory services. Also, as part of Safety Connect, you may opt-in via the Toyota app to participate in our Collision Assistance program, which helps you navigate the post-collision process. Safety Connect uses your vehicle’s Location Data, or “vehicle location” (your vehicle’s latitude and longitude) to determine where your vehicle needs assistance, your Vehicle Information (such as your vehicle’s model, year, and VIN) to verify your vehicle type, your Vehicle Health Data (odometer readings) to assist if you submit a claim with your insurer, your Account Information (such as your name, address, phone number, email address, etc.) to verify your account, and your Voice Recordings (when you call our Response Center) for quality assurance.
  • Service Connect. Your vehicle’s Service Connect feature uses your Account Information and your Vehicle Health Data (such as odometer readings, fuel level, oil life, and diagnostic trouble codes) to send you vehicle health reports, alert you of needed maintenance, and for service-related marketing.
  • Remote Connect. Certain Remote Connect services such as vehicle finder, vehicle status, remote door lock and unlock, guest driver monitor, and vehicle alerts use your vehicle’s Location Data to find your vehicle and Vehicle Health Data to provide status updates as well as facilitate repairs.
  • Navigation. Your vehicle’s navigation feature (such as Drive Connect) allows you to choose a place of interest, a location on a map, one of your favorites, a destination from your history, or enter an address or coordinates (latitude and longitude). In certain vehicles, navigation includes the Destination Assist program, which connects you with a live agent to provide navigation directions. Your vehicle’s Location Data, Profile Data (such as in-vehicle preferences, favorites, and usage history), and your Account Information are used to verify your account and to offer these features.
  • Wi-Fi Connectivity. Certain vehicles offer a trial of Wi-Fi connectivity (such as Wi-Fi Connect, a service offered by AT&T), which provides up to ten compatible devices with in-vehicle wireless connectivity. If you opt-in, these services may use your Account Information, your Voice Recordings, and your vehicle’s Location Data. Use of Wi-Fi connectivity services are subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policy of the applicable service provider.
  • SiriusXM. Certain vehicles are equipped with the SiriusXM satellite radio subscription service and certain vehicles offer a trial of the service. Your Account Information is used to offer this feature and for related marketing campaigns. Use of this service is subject to the SiriusXM terms and conditions and privacy policy.
  • Clean Assist. Owners of eligible vehicles may choose via the Toyota app to opt-in to the Clean Assist program, through which Toyota is participating in environmental initiatives, such as the California Air Resources Board’s Low Carbon Fuel Standard program to reduce California transportation emissions. If you opt-in, your Vehicle Health Data, your Account Information, and your vehicle’s Location Data will be used in order for Toyota to match the electricity from your vehicle charging with eligible incentive programs, such as California-sourced Renewable Energy Certificates.
  • Digital Key. Digital Key technology allows you to access (e.g., unlock, lock, start) your vehicle through the Toyota app. When you bring your smartphone close to your vehicle, the app authenticates an encryption key before performing a vehicle function (e.g., unlock, lock, start). Your Account Information is used to offer this feature.
  • Toyota Safety SenseTM. Vehicles equipped with Toyota Safety SenseTM use sensor and/or image data (in Version 3.0 or later) from the vehicle’s exterior to provide safety features such as lane departure alerts and pedestrian detection. If you have a vehicle equipped with Toyota Safety SenseTM, the feature may use your Vehicle Health Data and your vehicle’s Location Data. If you have a vehicle equipped with Toyota Safety SenseTM (Version 3.0 or later) and you opt-in to External Vehicle Video Capture, the feature may also use Exterior Image Data.
  • Teammate. Vehicles equipped with Teammate use sensor and/or image data from the vehicle’s interior and exterior to evaluate the vehicle’s surroundings in order to propose and perform certain automated driving operations, including but not limited to: steering, acceleration, and braking on the highway; hands-free parking; and emergency stopping. If you have a vehicle equipped with Teammate, the feature may use your Vehicle Health Data, your vehicle’s Location Data, Interior Image Data, and Exterior Image Data.
  • External Vehicle Video Capture. Owners of certain vehicles equipped with Toyota Safety SenseTM (Version 3.0 or later) may also opt-in to participate in External Vehicle Video Capture, which uses sensors and/or image data from the vehicle’s exterior to help improve automated driving operations and safety features for Toyota vehicles, as well as to develop high-definition maps. If you opt-in, the External Vehicle Video Capture feature may use your Vehicle Health Data, your vehicle’s Location Data, and Exterior Image Data.
  • Usage-Based Auto Insurance. You may choose to opt-in for usage-based insurance products and services. If you opt-in, your Driving Data (such as your vehicle’s acceleration, speed, braking and steering) and Location Data will be used to deliver usage-based insurance services to you, and for quality assurance, analysis, research, and product development.
  • Face Identification. Certain vehicles equipped with an interior, driver-facing camera use sensor and/or image data from the vehicle’s interior to scan your face when you open the vehicle’s door. If you opt-in and link your user profile using the in-vehicle “Setup Face” process, the Face Identification feature may use your Facial Geometric Features and Profile Data to verify your identity and load your saved user profile on the vehicle. Your Facial Geometric Features will only be stored on your vehicle.
  • Last Load Profile. Owners of certain vehicles may choose to create and save multiple user profiles on the vehicle. If you choose to save a user profile on your vehicle, the Last Load Profile feature will use your Account Information and Profile Data to reload the last saved user profile at vehicle start.
  • App Suite, Toyota+ Compatible Third-Party Services, and other Services You Connect. The App Suite is available even if you do not have a subscription for Connected Services. To use the App Suite, you must download the application and accept the End User License Agreement. When you use our App Suite for traffic, fuel, weather, music or other apps, you will need to sign into your account with each compatible third party service in the App Suite; and we will pass the log-in information you provide us to the corresponding compatible third party service. We will also pass to each compatible third party service in the App Suite vehicle data necessary for you to use its service. We will use Voice Recordings to improve our responses and voice recognition. To facilitate functionality of your App Suite and linked third party services, your vehicle may share your Location Data and Voice Recordings transcriptions with your third party services and upon their receipt, the respective third party’s privacy policy and terms control.
  • Law Enforcement. We DO NOT share your Account Information with law enforcement without your consent, unless we are required to do so by law or legal process, as may be required for national security, or where we believe it necessary to prevent harm, injury or loss.

They would not get a sale from me then....

They know its an issue but yet not do poop about it? no thanks.....

Again...check that issue when the car is new new, or no sale....
Ultimately it would be up to the dealer. They would foot the bill if they wanted your sale. I would assume this issue is fixed by now though.

Are you into baseball?
Yes but they play a lot of games so I tend to not watch as many. More so in the playoffs.

Orioles have been meh for a while.. so there's that as well. As for going to the game.. f going to downtown Baltimore (City) lol

I used to play baseball as a kid. Did it up until high school.

little worried about setting fire to the grill there :screwy:

decided to sell my dart, tired of wasting money by storing my si in the winter. also with the pending move i dont need two cars. selling cars is the worst thing to do ever. i hate it with a passion. i have to stop doing it.

90% of people that contact me cant read english well, most people ask if its still available then i never hear from them. clearly state in the ad that the price is firm but still get people offering me less. people asking me questions about it that is stated in the ad.

decided to sell my dart, tired of wasting money by storing my si in the winter. also with the pending move i dont need two cars. selling cars is the worst thing to do ever. i hate it with a passion. i have to stop doing it.

90% of people that contact me cant read english well, most people ask if its still available then i never hear from them. clearly state in the ad that the price is firm but still get people offering me less. people asking me questions about it that is stated in the ad.
FB Marketplace? Dealing with similar stuff too. Looking for E92 335i’s and people either respond with half answers or ghost me when I ask detailed questions.

Back