Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

did you ever figure out if it was a rock or where it could have come from?
nope, what ever it was came in at the perfect angle to hit the windshield and nowhere else.

the really fun part is i was supposed to trade the car in yesterday

Typical Tesla driver. He/she probably cut off a handful of people to curb hop to that charger.
Typical behavior for a person that worships Elon and put truck wheels with bald *** street tires on a Tesla that looks to have solar panels on the roof.

:nerd::nerd::nerd:

It's a pretty easy job overall (maybe a bit more complicated than an oil change but not as difficult as bumper cover removal). All it takes is a Philips screwdriver to remove a trim piece or two and a willingness to pull hard on the old ones (which will break many of the clips) to get them out. The trim panels that have to be removed from the doors (one on the front doors, two on the rear doors) are notched in so they don't just pull off once the screw(s) are removed, they sort of slide up and/or away (forward or backward depending on the piece) to remove. I think I had all 4 replaced in about 30mins. When installing the new window seals, it is a little easier to put them partly in (to the point that the clips are holding them in place but not pushed all the way in to where the clips are latched into place), then line up the door trim pieces that were removed (depending on the trim piece, some overlap the window seal, some notch into the window seal and the door), then try to slide the assembly into place if you can (it was sort of trial and error, sometimes I could get them to go into place together, other times I couldn't and had to fit the trim pieces in after the window seal was in place). The window seals were about $50 each from Honda where I was; so, it is about a $200 job total on a sedan.
Probably double the price for me now that I'm in a location harder to get to and no dealer near me.

Back