Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Post pics! :drool:

6lbs for $78CAD sounds pricey but it's really $58.98USD lol
I knew you'd say that. Everything is cheaper in American dollars

Using the Bluetooth temp probe from my Weber Gass grill to measure the kettle grill temp. I quickly realized the temp gauge on the top of the kettle reads much higher than the surface of the grill.
Screenshot_20230722-110257.png

Also not thrilled with the cut of brisket I got. Looks like the fat was trimmed off already and it had a giant flap the entire length of the bottom so I ended up with two briskets. I'm hoping it turns out alright.
PXL_20230722_170431617.jpg

i hate some of the store trimming on briskets

miss the prices in TX, whole packer for a dollar or two a pound

The flap was dry but tasted good. Larger one was alright. Not the worst but not the best one I've done. I also rushed it because my landlord Invited me to bike a black diamond up the mountain at 4.
I have never biked up a mountain before. Guy is nuts and 50 years old. I could not keep up going up or down. I've got some work to do.
PXL_20230723_013544945.jpg

This is the trail I took today.

View: https://youtu.be/PFFHy8uF6Nw

Last edited:
Ooops -- did I forget to put the finished product up here? I finished it in April.

How's the apartment? Still enjoying it (minus the cost of course lol)

How often do you see your parents/family?

I won't ask how works going with the Dell's :giggle:

How's the apartment? Still enjoying it (minus the cost of course lol)

How often do you see your parents/family?

I won't ask how works going with the Dell's :giggle:

It's great! Everything I like is out here -- I think I've had the most fancy eats of my life in just a year of being in such a developed area (Like no joke, I've got some big spiced salmon filets on rice in the fridge for lunch tomorrow, lol ). I am kind of scared of the lease renewal... there's no rent control or anything here, so no telling how much it'll go up. My ideal is to only be here one more year; After, I'd like to try and buy a condo or a town home with a garage. If it spikes too hard, that might jump up to this year. I see my folks 2-3 times a month, they're always asking me to look for stuff at the local stores for them. On the other hand, It's been socially kind of weird since I've moved-- I noticed people seem to respect me a lot more now that I have my own place, even if it's just an apartment for now. I also noticed that the only people who check on me are my parents; I only just realized that my extended family asks about me, but not directly-- as in not asking me about me. Usually the only time I'd talk to them is when they'd come over to the house, but now I'm picking up on just how little of a relationship I really had with a lot of them... outside of being made fun of for still being at home.

In a way, I'm kind of at peace with it all. I live a pretty quiet life now that I don't hear about them as much.

Dells are still hot garbage, and with the students coming back in like two weeks, they'll be causing me grief again in no time.

It's great! Everything I like is out here -- I think I've had the most fancy eats of my life in just a year of being in such a developed area (Like no joke, I've got some big spiced salmon filets on rice in the fridge for lunch tomorrow, lol ). I am kind of scared of the lease renewal... there's no rent control or anything here, so no telling how much it'll go up. My ideal is to only be here one more year; After, I'd like to try and buy a condo or a town home with a garage. If it spikes too hard, that might jump up to this year. I see my folks 2-3 times a month, they're always asking me to look for stuff at the local stores for them. On the other hand, It's been socially kind of weird since I've moved-- I noticed people seem to respect me a lot more now that I have my own place, even if it's just an apartment for now. I also noticed that the only people who check on me are my parents; I only just realized that my extended family asks about me, but not directly-- as in not asking me about me. Usually the only time I'd talk to them is when they'd come over to the house, but now I'm picking up on just how little of a relationship I really had with a lot of them... outside of being made fun of for still being at home.

In a way, I'm kind of at peace with it all. I live a pretty quiet life now that I don't hear about them as much.

Glad you are doing well living on your own. :thumb:

Yeah that sucks about no rent control. I think the apartment my sister lives in has gone up every year since she moved in... Think she said it went from $1020/month to $1385/month in 3? years.

Oh only 2-3 times a month. For some reason I thought it would have been more. How far away are you from them?

Quiet life is the way to go :thumbsup: Did you make any new friends out that way?

Glad you are doing well living on your own. :thumb:

Yeah that sucks about no rent control. I think the apartment my sister lives in has gone up every year since she moved in... Think she said it went from $1020/month to $1385/month in 3? years.

Oh only 2-3 times a month. For some reason I thought it would have been more. How far away are you from them?

Quiet life is the way to go :thumbsup: Did you make any new friends out that way?

It's about $1,600/mo for a single bedroom here :D; I've got a little more wiggle room after that, but past that amount, I figured I could find something more permanent. I hope, at least.

I'm about 40 miles away from the folks; It takes about an hour and a half to two hours to get to them due to traffic, though. I haven't made any extra friends that I haven't already made from work. The complex I'm at doesn't have anyone around besides adults who don't really come outside. There is live music and stuff going on in the Plaza outside all the time, but the bands they book are essentially wedding bands, so I haven't been interested enough to go listen.

It's about $1,600/mo for a single bedroom here :D; I've got a little more wiggle room after that, but past that amount, I figured I could find something more permanent. I hope, at least.

I'm about 40 miles away from the folks; It takes about an hour and a half to two hours to get to them due to traffic, though.
Yikes! Yeah my sisters apartment is 2 bedroom for the $1385/month but it's not anything fancy (bit dated but nice community it's in).

This is small... But cozy ;) lol

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/7126-Holly-Hill-Dr-APT-209-Dallas-TX-75231/26930289_zpid/?

Est. payment: $1,033/mo

L
Yikes! Yeah my sisters apartment is 2 bedroom for the $1385/month but it's not anything fancy (bit dated but nice community it's in).

This is small... But cozy ;) lol

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/7126-Holly-Hill-Dr-APT-209-Dallas-TX-75231/26930289_zpid/?

Est. payment: $1,033/mo
Lol, I could easily afford it, too -- I'd just be kinda cramped. Not terribly so, but you know. I think my current space is about 800 (but part of that is eaten up by a two-person sized bathroom, oversized closet and a balcony I don't use) . I originally wanted a home with about 1200 sq ft and I'd have been golden, but good luck finding that anymore. :confused:

L

Lol, I could easily afford it, too -- I'd just be kinda cramped. Not terribly so, but you know. I think my current space is about 800 (but part of that is eaten up by a two-person sized bathroom, oversized closet and a balcony I don't use) . I originally wanted a home with about 1200 sq ft and I'd have been golden, but good luck finding that anymore. :confused:
Yeah 1200 SQ ft is a decent size (if it's just you/significant other).

Our house is 1120 SQ ft (3 bed /1 bath). But no driveway/parking pad/garage. I can't really complain since it's cheap, close to family and in a great neighborhood.

I just searched Dallas but that's like saying 'Baltimore' for when searching for houses around my area lol. I'm not in the city limits.

Have you looked yet?

Yeah 1200 SQ ft is a decent size (if it's just you/significant other).

Our house is 1120 SQ ft (3 bed /1 bath). But no driveway/parking pad/garage. I can't really complain since it's cheap, close to family and in a great neighborhood.

I just searched Dallas but that's like saying 'Baltimore' for when searching for houses around my area lol. I'm not in the city limits.

Have you looked yet?

I've looked here and there around Dallas, but chances are I'll have to move to one of the surrounding cities. I don't hate that prospect, but I'm trying to not replicate my commute from a year ago. I think the most I can truthfully afford is like the low 200s. I think I should probably ramp up my search efforts so I don't get surprised by what could very well be a $500/mo price hike.

I have a dumb question in all this -- do HOA fees increase annually?

I've looked here and there around Dallas, but chances are I'll have to move to one of the surrounding cities. I don't hate that prospect, but I'm trying to not replicate my commute from a year ago. I think the most I can truthfully afford is like the low 200s. I think I should probably ramp up my search efforts so I don't get surprised by what could very well be a $500/mo price hike.

I have a dumb question in all this -- do HOA fees increase annually?
HOA can increase depending on what amenities are what it takes to upkeep the building and depend on inflation in your area.

For example.....if your building has a pool. A pool company comes out and I'm sure their materials and costs go up year over year so they charge more to clean the pool. So eventually you see a raise in HOA dues.

Multiply this by any other upkeep items in the building....

Other times dues can stay the same if you management company worked out a multiple year contract with vendors and if they shop around the needed services from time to time to make sure their go-to vendor isn't charging more than another vendor that could do the same job.

Or they stay the same if the owners vote not to raise dues and are willing to come out of pocket if a large expense come up. Say the entire exterior needs repainting and its gonna cost $100,000. The HOA owners can vote to raise the dues for $100(or whatever) a month until that $100K is paid off then the dues go back down. Or keep the dues the same and do a special assessment which means every owner forks out $1,000(or whatever) one time to just pay off the $100k all at once.

Then you can get into reserve funds....but that's a whole other conversation.....

Back