Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Got the day off. Company golf tournament and dinner. From what I've been told it mostly about the drinking.

Oh! I like that mug.

We’re having a golf tournament today too. I’ma working stiff though. Multiple concurrent meetings today. Might take part of the afternoon off

You are married to the job! :eek:

Well I don’t golf so there’s that. Gold tourney starts in the afternoon, so most people were working in the morning and taking the afternoon off. I’m no worse than anybody else.

Random question.....

Would you buy a 1998 Nissan pickup with 1,700 miles for say $15,000 or a 2022-2023 Nissan pickup for $32,000-35,000 with around 20k miles?

Random question.....

Would you buy a 1998 Nissan pickup with 1,700 miles for say $15,000 or a 2022-2023 Nissan pickup for $32,000-35,000 with around 20k miles?
Option #3 - Neither.

Why do you want a 25-year old truck for $15k?

Option #3 - Neither.

Why do you want a 25-year old truck for $15k?
Just weighing out some options and just found this truck and thought it was cool.

JDM goodness! All the stuff in the back would go….

IMG_0338.jpegIMG_0339.jpegIMG_0340.jpegIMG_0341.jpeg

duncan imports? trucks probably worth 1/2 what theyre asking

duncan imports? trucks probably worth 1/2 what theyre asking
Yup. I was going to start looking at reviews from them. Still got a few months before I could buy something but never hurst to look, especially their stuff that sits.

Kbb says $6000, lol

I could import a non fire truck one for $10ish but not even close to those miles and condition.

Only reason I would contemplate this is because of the super low miles and would be a long time car. Buying new is an option but that would be mid 30’s but you get a ton of tech and comfort compared to this. Slightly used car market is insane so it’s prob better to be new.

Last edited:
Random question.....

Give me a 1997 and I’d be happy. Gutless wonder hardbody but to me, that is up there with the 1980s Toyotas. Never was a giant fan of the early Frontier. New one looks nice though. I might spring for the new one over the older one.

I'd be too scared to drive something like that. It would be useless.

So last night after golf was messed up. Went to a bar after. My foremans wife was flirting with all the guys. Owner and his wife were with us. He paid for all the drinks and food at the bar. Foreman was passing out while sitting down. My wife was holding hands with my fixed operations manager ( woman 7 years younger than us ). Apparently they're best friends now.

We stayed till the bar closed. This place only has one ride share person for the area. I requested a ride home from him in his Ford transit but when he arrived a bunch of people including the owner of the dealership hopped in after us. Driver got angry because there was more people than seats so the owner and his friend left their wives in the van with us and my foreman and his wife. I took care of grown *** adults the whole time. Owners wife and friend were wasted and getting angry with the driver and asked to be let out but I couldn't let that happen.

So we got home last after all that and paid for the ride.

work functions with open bars are just a test to see whos willing to over do it around coworkers and bosses

work functions with open bars are just a test to see whos willing to over do it around coworkers and bosses
But the owner and his wife over did it. Lol. I was also told this is how the Christmas party went.

I'd be too scared to drive something like that. It would be useless.

So last night after golf was messed up. Went to a bar after. My foremans wife was flirting with all the guys. Owner and his wife were with us. He paid for all the drinks and food at the bar. Foreman was passing out while sitting down. My wife was holding hands with my fixed operations manager ( woman 7 years younger than us ). Apparently they're best friends now.

We stayed till the bar closed. This place only has one ride share person for the area. I requested a ride home from him in his Ford transit but when he arrived a bunch of people including the owner of the dealership hopped in after us. Driver got angry because there was more people than seats so the owner and his friend left their wives in the van with us and my foreman and his wife. I took care of grown *** adults the whole time. Owners wife and friend were wasted and getting angry with the driver and asked to be let out but I couldn't let that happen.

So we got home last after all that and paid for the ride.
:leghump::leghump::leghump::turboleghump::turboleghump::turboleghump:

Sounds like a good time overall.....sucks you have to babysit adults, lol

Give me a 1997 and I’d be happy. Gutless wonder hardbody but to me, that is up there with the 1980s Toyotas. Never was a giant fan of the early Frontier. New one looks nice though. I might spring for the new one over the older one.

Newer ones look nice and tend to be lower price than the competition. Still waiting to see what the prices for the new 2024 Tacomas will be.

With how crazy the used car market is, going new might be the better option? I have been seeing some deals here and here. 2021 F-150 XL with the STX appearance package and 4 door with 3,000 miles for $34k(new would be $40-42). Not like I need a full size truck but that would be the same price as 2019-2022 Tacomas with 30-50k miles, lol.

Conundrum here. Don’t know what the status is on the RS3 is not if I’ll hear anything. Went looking at other cars and the Lexus dealer here is getting a blue w/red interior IS500 that’s not spoken for. They’re asking MSRP, so it’ll be something like $66k. $5000 to put my name on it and have it before end of August. Whereas the RS3 is unknown and will pull about $75k when/if it comes.

The Lexus is way more composed and way less rambunctious, weighing 500 lbs more. I kinda want the little bit of rowdy but kinda torn. AWD is great but I don’t need it for snow as I drive the Tacoma for that. Interior for the Lexus doesn’t grab me and feels more pieces together than a thoughtful design like the Audi. The Lexus with the 5.0 V8 though will last forever and maintenance will be cheaper overall. Gas mileage on the V8 will suffer a tad compared to the turbo 5.

I mean, I could get the Lexus and if/when my name comes up for the RS3, I can trade in and should be able to pull decent pricing since it is relatively low production and used prices are pulling equal to the new ones….

As much as I love an RS3 IF I were keeping things stock I’d probably go IS500. That Drivetrain is bulletproof and RWD is, arguably, more fun than AWD. Looks are subjective but I’d give the nod to Lexus on their design. I’d imagine the Lexus is going to hold it’s value a bit better too considering it’s the last of a dying breed. Now if you’re even considering something as simple as a “Stage 1” Tune on the Audi then that’s it. Game Over. The performance potential is only rivaled by a comparable M3. ..no interest in BMW? I hear they’re one of the few playing ball with customers these days.

Back