Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

the other joy of home ownership, tree out front looked suspicious with its trunk splitting and hanging over the house, gonna be about 4k to deal with it and the other at risk trees and then 3k to replace the privacy those trees were providing
or spend a few hundred on a chainsaw and have firewood and grill/smoker wood for years? :cheerleader:

i wish, but theyre locust trees and bound up with ivy and virginia creeper

So yeah, appointment on Saturday with my lady. Thinking I’m gonna put the deposit on that Mica Blue 2.0 IS500 with red interior, premium package with everything on it.

I'd like to get a '99 VR-4 but I just bought a house so buying anything big will be awhile.

And, those 18" chromies are the factory '95+ wheel; having them in good shape is rare. But, they're super heavy compared to most modern wheels.

Sold for $45k. :eek:

..And, those 18" chromies are the factory '95+ wheel; having them in good shape is rare. But, they're super heavy compared to most modern wheels.
They’re also trash. Chrome Mitsu Wheels were HIGHLY unreliable back then. Same went for the Chrome 2G DSM Wheels. The quality control just wasn’t there.

the other joy of home ownership, tree out front looked suspicious with its trunk splitting and hanging over the house, gonna be about 4k to deal with it and the other at risk trees and then 3k to replace the privacy those trees were providing
This is something I've been getting very used to. Nothing like this is my concern anymore. I don't have to worry about unexpected housing expenses. It's pretty awesome. I was pretty lucky for the last 5 years with a newer house though. Except for the time the basement flooded and no one knew why. That was just awful.

@Nomar06 feels your pain with water
Ya....my condo flooded because no one even cleaned out the gutters and I was on the ground floor and gutters went underground next to my condo.

The insurance brought out an abatement company to deal with the water and drying up the slab, after they removed half the wood floor. Then I removed the other half and put down all new floating floors. Came out with $5,000 in my pocket after everything was completed. :thumb:

Ya....my condo flooded because no one even cleaned out the gutters and I was on the ground floor and gutters went underground next to my condo.

The insurance brought out an abatement company to deal with the water and drying up the slab, after they removed half the wood floor. Then I removed the other half and put down all new floating floors. Came out with $5,000 in my pocket after everything was completed. :thumb:
That sounds like a great outcome. I ended up paying a couple grand for the clean up because we didn't end up going. Through insurance so our rates didn't increase.

That sounds like a great outcome. I ended up paying a couple grand for the clean up because we didn't end up going. Through insurance so our rates didn't increase.
Yeah, nice chunk of change in my pocket but removing the glue used to glue down the floor was a pain to get off. Maybe 4-5 days just to remove that. It was maybe 250sqft, lol

They’re also trash. Chrome Mitsu Wheels were HIGHLY unreliable back then. Same went for the Chrome 2G DSM Wheels. The quality control just wasn’t there.

It probably didn't help that these were a sand cast wheel (I believe) so not exactly up there are the strength scale compared to modern forged wheels (or, even forged wheels of the time). My car had the original 94 Stealth chrome option wheels when I got it but they were pitted and leaking at the seams so I ditched them some time ago.

Back