Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

I wish I had your problems. Lol.

Are all those cars available right now?
Those were all on the lot to drive (except Blackwing…they don’t want “joyriders”). m340 sold after I left the lot. There are two black/black TLX in Bellevue and a black/red TLX in Seattle.

More Blackwings in Seattle and maybe they’ll let me take one of those. Those are autos, the black one pictured is a base model in manual and part of the reason they said no to drive it. Cadillac guys were most desperate to sell. They had a $16k markup and were willing to eliminate it to get to buy.

Those were all on the lot to drive (except Blackwing…they don’t want “joyriders”). m340 sold after I left the lot. There are two black/black TLX in Bellevue and a black/red TLX in Seattle.

More Blackwings in Seattle and maybe they’ll let me take one of those. Those are autos, the black one pictured is a base model in manual and part of the reason they said no to drive it. Cadillac guys were most desperate to sell. They had a $16k markup and were willing to eliminate it to get to buy.
Cant wait till the markup trend dies. That, higher MSRP and interest rates kill any part of me wanting to buy a new car.

Just noticed my carbon fiber grill and gurney flap are fading. That's great. I'm probably putting the stock cat back on in a couple of weeks and doing an out of province inspection on my SI so I can actually sell it.

The M340i is probably the closest comparison to the RS3. The B58 is possibly a better engine than the EA855. Did you look at a facelift model? That Blackwing though..

The M340i is probably the closest comparison to the RS3. The B58 is possibly a better engine than the EA855. Did you look at a facelift model? That Blackwing though..
I looked at the 2023 M340i. I didn’t like the new dash interface. I looked and drove a 2022 M240i with the old interface and loved it. The B58 is the most engaging drivetrain with torque coming on low, it just plain feels fast. But that wide computer screen…yuck. I liked the black M interior with the blue stitching and the red leather. A silver with red interior is coming end of the month.

As for the Blackwing transmissions, I wasn’t able to drive the manual. Put the auto in manual mode and paddle your way along at whatever revs you want. Exhaust seems to burble every time you get off of it. And the interior with the carbon buckets and suede trim is the nicest. Gonna be a gas hog but will be an absolute monster. Bad - gotta jump on it if I want it…and $4k under MSRP. It’s a GM product.

The TLX Type S was a lot of fun but I don’t like the trackpad interface or the way they setup the transmission options. Loved the actual tach and rpm gauges. It’s also nearly a foot longer than anything else and nearly 2 feet bigger than the Audi. The exhaust note when in Sport+ was sweet but it kinda was annoying that it wanted to stay at 4000-5000 rpm’s even when you’re slowing approaching a light. There are three available - all black, all high performance tire/wheel, all with $4k price hike.

The Lexus is a great looking car and the idea of an NA V8 pushing out tons of power is awesome too. I’ve only been able to see and drive the IS350. Have to wait 3 weeks more before an IS500 comes in to look more at. I believe it’s coming in at $66k but dealer wants annoying $4k package to add on, most of options/gimmicks I don’t want.

$70k IS500, $68k M340i, $73k Blackwing, $62k TLX Type S.

Tough choice

Last edited:
Day one with a baby and two large dogs is going great. The 10 month old lab peed on our pull out couch bed that my daughter is sleeping in. The baby is crying. I think we can drink more than her cousin and husband because they're in bed before us at 9:30. I took the dogs out to pee so they don't pee more on my carpet. I don't know where the 10 month old dog is right now but I'm going to bed.

Yeah. But..... It's a Cadillac.

Whoa Sir! I'm an old soul.

Day one with a baby and two large dogs is going great. The 10 month old lab peed on our pull out couch bed that my daughter is sleeping in. The baby is crying. I think we can drink more than her cousin and husband because they're in bed before us at 9:30. I took the dogs out to pee so they don't pee more on my carpet. I don't know where the 10 month old dog is right now but I'm going to bed.

Whoa! 9:30pm is a good bed time :giggle: How old are they?

Sucks about the pull out couch :-/

Whoa Sir! I'm an old soul.

Whoa! 9:30pm is a good bed time :giggle: How old are they?

Sucks about the pull out couch :-/
They're like 29 or 30. I don't mind the early bed time. I like time to relax and watch a show.

The bed was fine. The pee didn't soak through the sheet.
I was woken up at 5am by the dogs needing to pee so I let them out and then gave them water. The young one just wanted to play. Then they walked around the house making noise for an hour before laying down. Just justifying my stance on never getting a dog again in my lifetime.

I'm waiting for my wife to say something to me about all of this but I think she's holding it in because it's her family. You better believe she would say something if it were mine.

My dogs do the same. They wake up, wake you up, then pace around the house being all disturbing. I’m up and about once I wake up, just annoying on my lady.

I would go with the black wing but in a different color. Maybe it’s just me but that red is like any other caddy and just makes it look like regular caddy.

IS500 is pretty baller too. Prob more reliable if you end up keeping it long term.

Current house is under contract!

We listed mid-day Thursday. 2 showings Friday. Open house on Saturday with about 6 couples coming by. Then had a showing Saturday right after the open house and those peeps sent the offer later that night. We accepted today.

Current house is under contract!

We listed mid-day Thursday. 2 showings Friday. Open house on Saturday with about 6 couples coming by. Then had a showing Saturday right after the open house and those peeps sent the offer later that night. We accepted today.
That’s great news. Let’s hope that it closes uneventfully. Interest rates these days are tough.

I would go with the black wing but in a different color. Maybe it’s just me but that red is like any other caddy and just makes it look like regular caddy.

IS500 is pretty baller too. Prob more reliable if you end up keeping it long term.
I don’t know if I’ve seen red. Usually just black, white, and silver. As for the car itself, it’s been sitting and they can’t move it, so there’s gotta be some flexibility. That’s a big worry there. That’s been in the showroom apparently 9 months. They loaded it up with options, probably marked it up, then as interest rates climbed, they’re stuck and can’t move it and now marking it down. Not a good sign.

That’s great news. Let’s hope that it closes uneventfully. Interest rates these days are tough.
All cash, no appraisal. House is 5 years old so I don’t see anything huge popping up on an inspection.

Couple from Boston.

Back