Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

I mean, I could get the Lexus and if/when my name comes up for the RS3, I can trade in and should be able to pull decent pricing since it is relatively low production and used prices are pulling equal to the new ones….

if you need something asap, go for the lexus. See how you like it, and maybe you'll have no interest in the rs3 in a year? Or, maybe you hate the lexus and you can probably trade like you said. If reliability means something to you, lexus is at the top where audi is almost at the bottom according to jd power.

1690784267360.png

the resale/depreciation on lexus is also crazy good

lex.png

audi is still good, but not as good as lexus

aud.png

Yeah, they're getting harder and harder to come by. The one you spotted today looks to be a 97/98 3000GT base or SL model (not a VR-4); a tad bit more common but not by much. Curious though, you said he has a Cyclone, as in the old Ford model from the 70s or a GMC Syclone? Still cool either way but was wondering which as I am a touch more partial to the turbo AWD Syclone.

@AlmosN8kd - You should get a 3000GT VR4 to go along with your Stealth :)

I don't like the chrome wheels though lol

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/9a75b8ZX/1999-mitsubishi-3000gt-vr-4

The Maserati dealer down the street had a Phoenix Yellow Type R at it yesterday but it was just a customer car…

@FooBird get the Lexus now and have "fun" with it. Unless the car market crashes anytime soon, you shouldn't loose out much on the trade in if you end up doing that.

@FooBird get the Lexus now and have "fun" with it. Unless the car market crashes anytime soon, you shouldn't loose out much on the trade in if you end up doing that.
There’s little downside of the IS500 except for enjoying a new car sooner rather than later and a bit of a car payment, which I haven’t had for 7+ years.

I'm at a point in my life that Id rather drive a POS civic and never have another car payment.

Speaking of civics. This place is like a time warp. Tons of ek and eg civics without rust here.

There’s little downside of the IS500 except for enjoying a new car sooner rather than later and a bit of a car payment, which I haven’t had for 7+ years.

I'm at a point in my life that Id rather drive a POS civic and never have another car payment.

No car payments FTW! :woot: But Foo has it and can't die with it :hiding:

I've only had 2 car payments in my life... ib4 Nomar says I'm a cheap old man :giggle:

2007 WRX -> 2007-2011 (paid it off a year early)
2015 WRX -> 2014-2017 (traded it in for the '15 Accord)

Yes I'm boring and have only had a few vehicles :hiding:

No car payments FTW! :woot: But Foo has it and can't die with it :hiding:

I've only had 2 car payments in my life... ib4 Nomar says I'm a cheap old man :giggle:

2007 WRX -> 2007-2011 (paid it off a year early)
2015 WRX -> 2014-2017 (traded it in for the '15 Accord)

Yes I'm boring and have only had a few vehicles :hiding:
Responsible.

I’ve owned my Evo for the last three years. This has been the only time in my life I haven’t had a car payment. The only thing keeping my urges at bay are these insane interest rates.

I’ve owned my Evo for the last three years. This has been the only time in my life I haven’t had a car payment. The only thing keeping my urges at bay are these insane interest rates.
Yeah. That's a big one. Always forget about that. Really curious as to how real estate is going to be in the next 2 or 3 years. Hoping it crashes hard so we can buy a house for a decent price.

Just recently invested our earnings from our house sale and it sucks having that much money that you can't even touch.

Yeah. That's a big one. Always forget about that. Really curious as to how real estate is going to be in the next 2 or 3 years. Hoping it crashes hard so we can buy a house for a decent price.

Just recently invested our earnings from our house sale and it sucks having that much money that you can't even touch.
I’ve got a couple of friends who are stuck in a loop. They sign a one year lease somewhere in hopes of finding a place to buy. They sit and watch the interest rates skyrocket. Their landlord decides they’re gonna raise the rent. They go out and find another place to rent while crossing their fingers interest rates drop. All the while the cash is stacking. Do you bite the bullet and take the hit or just keep paying rent?

I’ve got a couple of friends who are stuck in a loop. They sign a one year lease somewhere in hopes of finding a place to buy. They sit and watch the interest rates skyrocket. Their landlord decides they’re gonna raise the rent. They go out and find another place to rent while crossing their fingers interest rates drop. All the while the cash is stacking. Do you bite the bullet and take the hit or just keep paying rent?
I'd keep paying rent. My money is making interest anyways, poop possibly more than it would if It was used to buy a house assuming prices go down after purchase.

I'd honestly rather rent than buy a house if I knew the owner would never sell the house or raise the rent significantly. I haven't looked into it but I don't think they can raise it here unless they got new tenants.

i know lots of people who try to time it out, but i like not viewing the house as an investment. You need a home, you're gonna have to pay rent or a mortgage either way. If you can afford a home in the present market and plan to stay put the ~5 years to likely end up ahead, then buy. If not or you like the rental freedom of movement, then rent.

saying rent is throwing away money is a weird perspective since most of us dont have a free housing option in the mix

Agree with @ethlar ....renting is just paying someone else's mortgage. Hard pass for me as you are basically just burning money/paying for temporary housing. In my area, rent is a higher payment then a mortgage right now.

I also do not see a home as an investment(unless you buy it just to rent is out). If you stay in it long enough, you tend to make some money out of it. I bought my first place a year and a half before the market crash and after being there for 10 years, I still made money on it. I was "upside-down" to the tune of $50,000 right after the market crashed, lol.

I have only rented during college. Then stayed at my parents for 2-3 years and bought my first place and had a roommate to help me pay my mortgage for quite a few years. I bought at the time they were giving away mortgages like free candy at the bank, lol. Was it the smartest move? at the time, prob not but eventually it enabled me to by my condo. Which then that payed off nicely and bought a home with the at the time GF(listing the current home Thursday and will hope to make a bunch of money from it), which last year we went fully in on land and our custom home. We locked in a 5% interest rate.....so we got "lucky" there.

My brother and his GF are in that rental/buy cycle. They keep waiting to buy the right place but recently had to move to a new apartment complex and almost doubled their rent payment(they were in a sort-of ghetto/old building so big upgrade now, lol) but if they actually took the time to buy last year, their mortgage prob would have been the same as their rent or a little lower. The houses they browsed would have been twice as big, 1 more bedroom and 1.5 more bathrooms, a 2 car garage and not being in an apartment(single fam home) and in some cases, brand new.

Last edited:
I made a significant amount on my house so I feel it's different for me waiting it out since that money can only grow as we wait for interest rates to go down. We re financed in like 2021 before it all went to hell and had an interest rate of like 2.3%.
I think it would be different if you're trying to purchase your first home right now only renting before that and not having much money saved for a down payment.

I'm starting to think my kids college fund will go towards their first houses instead lol. Theyll just have to go into the trades and not become doctors.

the other joy of home ownership, tree out front looked suspicious with its trunk splitting and hanging over the house, gonna be about 4k to deal with it and the other at risk trees and then 3k to replace the privacy those trees were providing

Back