Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

@webby that kind of experience is my fear, at least if I'm at a bmw/mercedes/acura/lexus/audi type dealer theyre automatically giving loaners for work anyway and at those price points the service seems to be better than when dealing with brands that arent in that bracket

I knew I had seen an article talking about the stinger being cut from the production line due to low sales, but I didn’t realize they were quite this low. It showed Canada sales at around 800-1000 units/year. If parts were needed it may be hard to get?

435D1A50-B342-4F8A-A776-B7600185336B.jpeg

I knew I had seen an article talking about the stinger being cut from the production line due to low sales, but I didn’t realize they were quite this low. It showed Canada sales at around 800-1000 units/year. If parts were needed it may be hard to get?

View attachment 63622
That is over twice as many units as my Spyder!

you're only young once, i still vote buy the stupid car option, you'll have the MR which is fun and toyota reliable

at least this is the logic im trying to justify stupid ideas to myself on

Eh, that is a current supply/manufacturing issue that should resolve itself.

You wanna talk about buying OEM parts for a car that only produced 26,000 units in the US

What would you lean towards at the given price point?

The parts issue I was having was pre-covid. Even the Kia Soul has been a huge pain to get parts for from the dealers. Their supply chains are awful

shaming glue sniffers :squirrel:

airplane-sniffing.gif

front Timing cover Timing chains, sprockets, guides tensioners, rear timing cover lower intake off today.

I'm hoping to have the heads off today but I suspect I'll have some issues with the exhaust manifolds. Hoping to just disconnect then from the cats and keep them on the heads for removal. 20211023_111408.jpg
20211023_114631.jpg

20211023_131559.jpg

Making good progress!
It says to remove the lower and upper oil pans to do the rear timing cover but I didn't do that. Doesn't say it for the front one and I don't see the difference. Use this technique for the 3.6 and 3.2 Pentastar engines when I do the timing chains. In fact Chrysler changed the procedure because I suspect everyone was doing it that way with no leaks and making a ton of time on warranty jobs.

All done.
Sending the heads out tomorrow. Still have to buy a gasket kit. Re using the timing chains because they look fine and will save like $300. Also need new ignition coils because some of the boots broke apart.
20211024_134752.jpg

this silver Eg hatch was messing with me BAD. WTF!!!!!. i think it might’ve been boosted (dohc forsure)

but it wasn’t even CLOSE goddammmm!

i think i need to turbo ****! WHt The Hell!

Back