Photos -- Official Honda Civic Shift Knob Pics Thread --

Of course I forgot to take a pic of the knob when I took it out of the box but this is what it looked like before
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346896508.874766.jpg

how did you do the paint and not get it everywhere on the knob itself?

It's simple but time consuming at the same time. I used the brush end of the touch up paint and just put a blob over the number so it filled in the number then wiped the rest of the paint off with a paper towel. But when you wipe it it smudges so then I used alcohol wipes and rubbed around the number to remove the rest of the paint. I did a few coats on each number and the shift pattern.

Real JDM Bubble Knob from my brother's 240...i kinda like it. makes shifting easier lol

560493_10151100953227897_32058673_n.jpg

Someone PLEASE tell me how to remove my shift knob on m 9th!!?? There is NO WAY.. That thing isn't going anywhere... HOW do you take it off??

mine seemed like it was stuck too but keep spinning it. it will come off

doesnt vibrate. still got the stock knob. probably will change it back...for now i like it

it will break the metal shifter if i try to spin that knob any harder.. Does it have anything to do with the black metal collar?

dunno about all that, mine spun free but at first seemed like it was stuck. the black collar didn't seem to stop it from spinning. for my bubble shift knob the black collar is still on there, just spun down to the lowest setting

i got a 9th so wat u do is take a pair of pliers and hold the black collar use a rag or napkin so the collar dosent get scratched ...hold it really tight with 1 hand and wit the hand turn the knob itself it should come right off then ur all good ...
if u chnge it to a knob shape just scew in the new 1 and if ur putting a straight shifter the collar has to come off so it can sit lower than stock wich looks nicer to me and sits really low and gives the short shifter affect :thumbsup:

drove me nutz tryin to find out how dat came off too for the first week i had the car:banghead::banghead: until i used the pliers brotha i know how u feel lol

u need a small flathead to release the clips and separate the collar and the boot on each side then unscew collar put straight shifter on and ur all set :dancing:

Back