Official NC Chat Thread

Well then barring the graduate school telling me i cant, or my hopeful employer demanding my presence i will do what i can to partake in the Durham meet

OK on the fence folks...Can I get a final head count? I'd rather RSVP for too many people than too few. It's a small restaurant.

Come on Charlotte people, come out and play!

does this mean i get to meet the famous Liz?

I might make a reservation for 8. If we have a couple more, good. If we have a few less, nbd.

People who don't rsvp get to explain to the hostess why they need to add seats to the reservation. I don't talk to strangers...unless I know them from the Internet. :escaper:

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! I have a proposal

So I won't be able to make it to Durham this weekend, along with a few other people I know of. Also, a Charlotte meet seems to make more sense than a Durham meet since it looks like more people are in/near Charlotte vs Durham. So, the proposal is we reschedule the meet, maybe a week or two away, and have it here in Charlotte. We could do a lunch meet and then go out the the Mooreseville Motorplex (http://mooresvillemotorplex.com/) which is an awesome outdoor go cart track. On the back straight the rental carts can get up to 55 so this isn't some watered down kiddy go cart track, these are legit.

I know it's short notice but I think it would be cool to have a meet and do some go carting

Thoughts? Criticism? Opinions?

Not to sound like a wishy washy hostess but I'm down. It makes more sense to have a meet in Charlotte...and who can turn down the promise of legit go-carts?

And excellent suggestion greg. :thumbsup:

I've been chatting with omg_racing about the recent turn of events (Mike's send off) which I was unaware of. In light of the semi-scheduling conflict, we think it would be best to postpone the Durham meet, and schedule a bigger one at a later date. I love your idea Greg. Maybe we should give it a whole month so that any/everybody who may want to attend can have time to request off.

All that being said: As for the next meet, EVERYBODY that's interested feel free to chime in with any suggestions at all. Whether your suggestion is about: When/what town/what amusing activity to do/etc, etc...

Let's hear those suggestions NC Crew!!!! :cheerleader: :thumbsup: :cheerleader:

Exactly, legit go carts are the only go carts I want to be involved with

Agreed. I wish the carts at VIR weren't so freaking expensive. They're fast and fun as hell, and their track is awesomely technical. Did I mention their carts are Honda powered? :driving: :driving: :driving: :driving: :driving: :rockwoot:

Back