Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Registered her with some new plates today.
ty6ave8a.jpg

Ripped out the throttle body spacer replaced lowbeam 5000k's with 4500k replaced 5000k fogs with 3000k replaced DC SRI with with Injen polished CAI.

Got afew goodies... skunk2 springs

Obd2 scanner/Nexus7 for my si ... have yet to really mess with torquepro .. plan on mounting the nexus7 in my center console but i have to do more research on that lol

uploadfromtaptalk1395358072621.jpguploadfromtaptalk1395358091020.jpguploadfromtaptalk1395358125932.jpg

STI lip on the way as well

Washed, waxed the front end, cleaned interior n shined it up. Will finish waxing the rest tomorrow, that wax takes time I've never used wax like this before the kit has 3 steps. Came out shiny tho

Some do it at 1k to quickly get rid of the metal flakes during the break in period.

i thought you were supposed to go to like 4-5k

There's old school, change after 100 miles, or 1000, etc., which is a good policy, but Honda and a few others have been putting in their mix of oil to help with the running in on a new engine, this is the new school, to wait, also 5000 mile changes are new as well, which has changed due to the newer oils, and the better the engine parts that are now being made and assembled.

The short story is the filter will probably take care of the engine in either case, so no worries which ever way you've done it.
Good filters are the key.... ask Google for a "car oil filter review"...... I like mobile-1, or Honda filter....... but read some reviews.
There are as many different opinions as there are filters.

ya im at 3800 and i was gonna do a first oil change in like 2 weeks before i get my tune done, should be closer to 4500 by then

installed a rv6-p catted downpipe, heres the box of stock parts

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 25
Back