Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

ta3ybahu.jpg
getting ready to install this today. Will post pics later!:)

ezata7ur.jpg
u7yry6at.jpg
unuvatug.jpg
8ynamemy.jpg
erazesur.jpg
pa2upe4y.jpg
Well it's all finished for now. Turned out better then I expected! May plastidip it in a few days but all in all it looks great! Also wrapped the two smaller pieces of fake chrome in CF. I received a 50"X59" piece of CF wrap matte when I ordered the lip and now I don't know what to use it for lol. It's not the 3m brand that I used on my other pieces so there is a little difference in the look of it. Anybody have any ideas? And let me know what you think about the lip!

how do you like your hood visor? i do like how stream line is it, how is cleaning the back side of it since it sits so close to the hood?

ezata7ur.jpg
u7yry6at.jpg
unuvatug.jpg
8ynamemy.jpg
erazesur.jpg
pa2upe4y.jpg
Well it's all finished for now. Turned out better then I expected! May plastidip it in a few days but all in all it looks great! Also wrapped the two smaller pieces of fake chrome in CF. I received a 50"X59" piece of CF wrap matte when I ordered the lip and now I don't know what to use it for lol. It's not the 3m brand that I used on my other pieces so there is a little difference in the look of it. Anybody have any ideas? And let me know what you think about the lip!
This looks great! I think you just convince me to get one!

i just bought some weather tech window visors, ill post pics tonight after install, but ya the hood visor is next for shure

1st tire rotation, yesterday at about 5K. My 9th seems a tad more difficult to jack & place stands compared to my old 8th esp. w/ recommended rotation pattern. Good news is it will be easier the 2nd time around. And hopefully by that time will have a nice 3 ton hydraulic jack.

1st tire rotation, yesterday at about 5K. My 9th seems a tad more difficult to jack & place stands compared to my old 8th esp. w/ recommended rotation pattern. Good news is it will be easier the 2nd time around. And hopefully by that time will have a nice 3 ton hydraulic jack.
Are you using 4 jack stands?
It is much easier when you do

Isn't it left F to R to F, and same for right...... one side at a time??????? That's what I've been doing.

Are you using 4 jack stands?
It is much easier when you do
Yes I used 4 and had a buddy help out.
Isn't it left F to R to F, and same for right...... one side at a time??????? That's what I've been doing.
Manual recommended.... Rear Driver to Front Passenger. Front Passenger to Rear Passenger. Rear Passenger to Front Driver. Front Driver to Rear Driver.

Hummm....... Ever since I started using radials, I stopped rotating using the cross pattern, and just do the same side front to back, with no issues. I don't know why they're want to use the cross pattern now, directional or not, I've "grown" to not want to change the tyres direction, but that's just me.
I've always kept my alignment checked, and my air pressures where they belong.

There is only one thing that I can see where cross changing is useful, if you live in Iowa........ Can anyone tell me why?(Can't be from Iowa).

I'm kinda with you on that. On my ol' 8th I went F to R & R to F (same side). Owned that Si (used) from ~45K to ~103K. Ashamed to say that I only had alignment service completed once the entire time I owned that car.....after new shocks and 4 new tires. That service was done around the 85K mark. Only thing that I seemed to notice is alignment being off before that 85K service. Obviously from the bad shocks and tires. But maybe too from the massive amount of highway driving that I did to and from work (35 miles each way).

Back