Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

What are you using to keep your steering wheel so shiny?
I gave the airbag assembly a quick wipe down with a damp cloth before I stuck the emblem on there, but besides that I haven't used anything on it.
Whatever it is, it was probably put on by the dealership since I've only had the car for like three months.

I filled her up with gas from Costco. $2.56/gallon for 93 octane.

She needs to be cleaned but I am lazy when it's winter. Also my hose is turned off (so it doesn't freeze) so I can't wash it at my house.

She needs to be cleaned but I am lazy when it's winter. Also my hose is turned off (so it doesn't freeze) so I can't wash it at my house.

I know this feeling. My hose is turned off too. Every morning when I walk out to the car I'm thinking oh god its so dirty. Then I remember how much a paid car wash is around here. I'm coming up on my first oil change so I think when i have the dealer do the free service they promised me I'll see if i can swindle a free wash out of the deal too. Which also reminds me they owe me a tank of gas....

I know this feeling. My hose is turned off too. Every morning when I walk out to the car I'm thinking oh god its so dirty. Then I remember how much a paid car wash is around here. I'm coming up on my first oil change so I think when i have the dealer do the free service they promised me I'll see if i can swindle a free wash out of the deal too. Which also reminds me they owe me a tank of gas....

I will NEVER let the dealership wash my car. They use the shittiest products/brushes. Don't let them do it to yours.

I'll keep that in mind. Looks like I'll have to find a decent self serve place and bring my own products

Today I put 684 pounds in the car , plus me 190 and my tools 40 lol she looks lowered . She still ran good , took the weight like a champ , 75 on the highway no problem , passing trucks no problem. Love my car :)

Scheduled appointment for alignment

Last edited:
d289ff1ad89bfbd857266ae1fc0e9736.jpg

Quick bath before grocery shopping

My interior LED light kit showed up from College Hills Honda today, so I decided to throw them in real quick.
I was too lazy to take pictures of the dome light and the trunk light, but those were both replaced with LEDs too.

LEDs (1).jpg LEDs (2).jpg LEDs (3).jpg LEDs (4).jpg

Also, that white KTC Plastic Trim Tool makes life so much easier, I no longer have to worry about scratching everything up with a flathead... :D

My interior LED light kit showed up from College Hills Honda today, so I decided to throw them in real quick.
I was too lazy to take pictures of the dome light and the trunk light, but those were both replaced with LEDs too.

View attachment 44065 View attachment 44066 View attachment 44067 View attachment 44068

Also, that white KTC Plastic Trim Tool makes life so much easier, I no longer have to worry about scratching everything up with a flathead... :D
How easy was this? Are there instructions somewhere?

How easy was this? Are there instructions somewhere?
In the newer Civics it's basically three steps for every bulb:

1. Pop off each plastic cover (being especially careful with the map lights, as the tabs will break if you attempt to rip them out from the wrong angle).
2. Pull each bulb straight out (make sure that they are switched to off, as you will burn your fingers if the bulbs are still hot).
3. Push each LED bulb directly into the empty socket.

The video below is from College Hills Honda and does a great job of showing you how to access each bulb.
*Just keep in mind that newer Hondas, like our Civics, use a newer type of LED bulb which is just like the one that is shown for the license plate light in the video.*

It's a pretty simple job, but feel free to shoot me a message if you need any help. :thumb:

Last edited:
Thanks! Do they actually give off a lot more light?
Yes they do! I actually walked outside and opened everything up in the dark a few hours ago just to see how much brighter the LEDs are.

I've always heard people talk about how much brighter LEDs bulbs are, and now I finally see what they mean, the difference is huge. :eek:

Back