Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Nothing crazy.....wash and wax, cleaned out all the damn sand my girlfriend and I brought in from the beach the other day, installed my Deceptions license plate up front, and swapped out the rear license plate and interior lights w/ some Philips 6000k LEDs. So much better having white light on the inside rather than that crappy yellowish color.

Ordered new interior LEDs from college hills Honda since my old ones from iJDM toy died. Got a new Optima battery as my OEM one gave up the ghost. Uploaded a tune from Vit for some data logging that I was planning to do in the early AM but will now be doing tonight thanks to my battery.

Ordered new interior LEDs from college hills Honda since my old ones from iJDM toy died. Got a new Optima battery as my OEM one gave up the ghost. Uploaded a tune from Vit for some data logging that I was planning to do in the early AM but will now be doing tonight thanks to my battery.
Isn't your car a 2012? I got a recall letter from Honda Canada about the charging system. Brought the car into a dealership and they updated the system and replaced my battery all under warranty.

Isn't your car a 2012? I got a recall letter from Honda Canada about the charging system. Brought the car in the they updated the system and replaced my battery.

It's a 2012 but no such recall ever came up for my VIN. Hmmmm I'll have to watch the new one and see.

Did this on my way to visit my parents.

Dang deer caused $2,946.03 worth of damage to my front end.

20141219_203423.jpg
What speed did you hit the deer at?

What speed did you hit the deer at?

Probably about 40 or 45. I had the cruise set just under 55 and didn't really get a chance to brake very much because the deer kind of just appeared right in front of my car, like you know they do. It wasn't nearly as extensive as I was expecting for how fast I was going.

Yeah, thank goodness that didn't happen to me! It wen't clear over the top of my car and didn't hit my windshield, which I had to get replaced last month from a storm. I have all the [worst] luck.

Replaced the filter on my PRL cai , it got really dirty in the 6 months that ive had it. I bought and installed the shield for the new filter. I also figured since its winter out and dont really need the filter so low , So I converted the cai into a sri. I hope it doesnt mess with my tune.IMG_4578.JPG IMG_4579.JPG IMG_4583.JPG IMG_4590.JPG IMG_4578.JPG IMG_4595.JPG

Tried to put these on as my license plate lights. But they were too big. They'll be my reverse lights then and I'll put them on another time.
IMG_8400_zps0a9e690b.jpg

Had fun playing in the snow, stock this car handles this stuff really well even on the mxm4s. 4-6" of snow for the entire drive home from work.

Attachments

• IMG_20150111_233755.jpg
    IMG_20150111_233755.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 20
Replaced the filter on my PRL cai , it got really dirty in the 6 months that ive had it. I bought and installed the shield for the new filter. I also figured since its winter out and dont really need the filter so low , So I converted the cai into a sri. I hope it doesnt mess with my tune.View attachment 44256 View attachment 44257 View attachment 44258 View attachment 44259 View attachment 44256 View attachment 44260
just a heads up, you can buy a k&n filter cleaning kit that will remove the dirt/grime next time. It will also come with oil to apply after cleaning. They work great, and can be found at most auto stores....or amazon

http://www.amazon.com/99-5050-Filter-Care-Service-Kit/dp/B00029WYVW

just a heads up, you can buy a k&n filter cleaning kit that will remove the dirt/grime next time. It will also come with oil to apply after cleaning. They work great, and can be found at most auto stores....or amazon

http://www.amazon.com/99-5050-Filter-Care-Service-Kit/dp/B00029WYVW
Only downside to the oil is you should leave it out over a vent or some sort to dry otherwise with the oils you can either damage your maf sensor or it'll start popping up some cel because its dirty... Its happened to me

I let it dry a bit (a day) before installing. No issues on multiple cars I've done.

Back