Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Installed the sport horn kit from CHH. They package stuff like they're shipping their first born! Great job as always. Also switched out headlights so I can take my time for a retrofit.

Woke up early and dropped her on Tein lowering springs

Front before...
ccfd8fa98aaa7158bb3aea0570ad5057.jpg

Front after...
e2fb6cd2928446734b68669b3d660293.jpg

Don't mind the bumper being off, now I'm installing the WRX STI lip mod...
7e2c3fd0d818d48f1eb1b00c4a98e848.jpg

I cleaned the windows on my car and inspected my oil catch can. This is the result.
IMG_8957_zps6f4d56d1.jpg

IMG_8960_zpse3a24299.jpg

IMG_8963_zpsbe94820e.jpg

I cant think of the words to describe how that looks. Glad the can serves a purpose and doesn't let that go back into the intake.

I cant think of the words to describe how that looks. Glad the can serves a purpose and doesn't let that go back into the intake.
The catch can is connected between the PCV valve and the intake manifold. It works best when installed that way. Installing a catch can between the intake and valve cover doesn't do much. The last time I dumped the catch can was last December too. It's only been 2 months.
That is crazy to think you have that much buildup on a NA car.
It's frozen water/oil/gas mixture. :D If I had a catch can with a drain plug, I wouldn't have been able to dump that out. Unless, I took the catch can inside the house and let the ice defrost.

The catch can is connected between the PCV valve and the intake manifold.

I did something similar to this on my 97. I used a lawnmower fuel filter to catch the oil between the PCV valve and intake. So far it seems to be doing its job well until I can step up to a fancier setup. I wound up spending all of like $2.00.

Pulled the flywheel off so I can take it to the shop to be resurfaced. Also separated the transmission case to see if I could find the source of my leak. Found the cause and some other things I'm not happy with. Pictures to follow in my build thread.

LED Bulbs in the rear tag, in the trunk, the rear dome light and in the fog lamps.

Need to buy some for the front dome lights.

What kind of led bulbs did you get for the fog?

What kind of led bulbs did you get for the fog?

Just some cheap ones off Ebay. Had them on the Fit for 2-3 months and worked just fine. Trimmed one tab to make it fit in the Si since the sedan uses H8.

Back