Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Ever since I got my '13 Si I have loved the faux carbon fiber accents on the consoles. Love it or hate I love it, especially compared to the '12s.
With that said I feel the interior could use a touch more of it...one place I always thought would look nice is the door handles.
After trying several different types of vinyl, all of which failed, I went to the real thing.
So below are the door handles skinned in real carbon fiber. 3 coats of resin, 1 coat DuPont clear. Sorry from the poor pix.

IMG_6575.jpg IMG_6573.jpg

This was my first attempt at skinning anything, nothing like starting with something complex.
While it's not perfect I think it came out pretty well. The "wavy" edges should be less noticeable
once the rest of the hardware is installed into them. I'll post more pix once they are installed.
Now I can't wait for the rest of my interior goodies to come in.

Ever since I got my '13 Si I have loved the faux carbon fiber accents on the consoles. Love it or hate I love it, especially compared to the '12s.
With that said I feel the interior could use a touch more of it...one place I always thought would look nice is the door handles.
After trying several different types of vinyl, all of which failed, I went to the real thing.
So below are the door handles skinned in real carbon fiber. 3 coats of resin, 1 coat DuPont clear. Sorry from the poor pix.

View attachment 45546 View attachment 45547

This was my first attempt at skinning anything, nothing like starting with something complex.
While it's not perfect I think it came out pretty well. The "wavy" edges should be less noticeable
once the rest of the hardware is installed into them. I'll post more pix once they are installed.
Now I can't wait for the rest of my interior goodies to come in.

That looks really good! I've done a little bit CF in the past and it can be difficult to lay the pattern correctly without being too wavy. Nice job!

Added some LEDs in the interior......also have them in the rear tag and in the trunk.

They look a little purple-blueish but go can't complain for $3.50, lol

View attachment 45550

Nomar06, Webby, thanks for the compliments.

Finally got nice enough in NJ for me to install them. They need a little trimming
to fit in there perfectly, but I thought I'd post pix now.

Installed.

DSCN4160.jpg DSCN4158.jpg

Overall I'm pleased with how they came out. They actually match the center console better than I thought they would.
Need to clean the car before I can post pix of that, winters fault....

Installed q300 exhaust and Prl sri. Car sounds amazing now. Way better than with the full race. Also the sound at 5k RPM and above... Lord have mercy:hail::vtec:

I walked over to it (on crutches) for the first time since January and since its not a snowbank for once, battery is completely dead so i couldnt start it and rev the engine.

still not cleared to actually drive yet

Washed it and found a tiny door ding.....car has been mine only 3weeks. :(

Waiting my turn

e76c303ce4bc01a957d251745dd334c1.jpg

Temps reached about 50 degrees yesterday, haven't been over about 22 the past few weeks, so i washed the Coupe

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    666 KB · Views: 17
Waiting my turn

e76c303ce4bc01a957d251745dd334c1.jpg

Brushless carwash, I hope?

I went through a reg carwash last weekend to get the salt crap off the car and underbody and def will not be heading back. Wheels got some black stuff on them and swirls.

Brushless carwash, I hope?

I went through a reg carwash last weekend to get the salt crap off the car and underbody and def will not be heading back. Wheels got some black stuff on them and swirls.

Of course! Touchless we call it here.

I did the undercarriage wash. :)

Our touchless wash has jets to spray under the car as you enter the bay. Is that not the norm?

The car wash I go to has $8, $9, $10, $12 options.

I believe $9, $10, $12 have the undercarriage sprays.

I went past ours today, and it's like ^. The cheapest wash doesn't do undercarriage spray, wax etc. I always see the spray going off, so I guess I just didn't realize they didn't offer it on the lower cost option.

Back