Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

I have a 1st gen 1977 1200 civic in my carport with 265K on it and have no plans to retire it. I'll post some pictures of my 1st and 9th together when I get the little guy all cleaned up and the wheels etc on my 9th.

I didnt do it, but i drove the car to and from the shop that did it so that has to count for something

3M FX-PM Non-Metalic 35% everywhere except windshield
2012-08-05151958.jpg

Thanks, i think my summer transformation is done and the car is set for the next 6 years/100,000 miles

Im still waiting on new fogs and have been looking at some led bulb possibilities but i think the car is finally where i want it

did you try swapping the positive and negative wires on the side that didnt work?

those retros have been a royal pain in the butt

Yes they have been. I filed a dispute on paypal and am asking for a partial refund, after the seller has ignored my latest texts about the issues. I'm sure I'll have to escalate it to a claim. What my chances of winning something like that are, I'm not too sure.

Once my bulbs come in from TRS, I'll have them up and running, all be it, without the projector halos (which I didn't even know were there when I purchased the lights, so I guess I'll live)

I put my 9th sticker on, and modified it by putting a clear sticky over it so it would be easier to clean. As much as I like the concept of the individual letters, I didn't want to deal with snagging the edges cleaning it.

Very nice product though....... Thx

My car's engine light went on. So I disconnected the battery to reset the ecu. After running it on idle for 10minutes, the check engine light no longer turned on. I wonder what caused it. :think:

I never knew they existed. It looks interesting and I dig them. Where did you acquire these?

This is one of the easiest mods to install. :woot: Let's hope that Tanabe or a different company makes something like this for the 9ths.

IMG_6868.jpg
I like the looks of it. what does it do, and to what parts?

Tanabe's website -
The strut tower bar is arguably one of the least expensive upgrades that can provide a very high degree of benefit that is felt immediately after installing. Often one of the first modifications performed on a vehicle, the strut tower brace improves handling and stability of a vehicle.

The Sustec Tower Bar has been very popular due to its low price and high functionality. By connecting the strut towers, and creating a balance, the shocks are prevented from independently moving and causing small changes in suspension geometry.

Back