Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Wash and wax, used Meguiars Ultimate Synthetic instead of my usual Gold Class, i think i like Ultimate

Installed the blue interior lighting kit this afternoon, can't wait till it is dark outside to see what it looks like! Wasn't too hard but drilling the big hole in center console piece was kinda scary :oops:

Finished polishing, and got my Lic' plate frames I ordered mounted.(US NAVY frt / VN VET rear).(I had a VN VET plate on my old jeep, but my Civic Coupe, being leased doesn't allow for personal plates, there's a way around it but not for military plates due to a lot of Government restrictions, has to be under my name).

on the drive home today

2012-07-30172058.jpg

Its taken me 6 years to get this far, i dont think i can hold on to the car for that many years

the past two hondas my family has driven to their end both made it to about 235,000 before they were either deemed a road hazard (my 95 accord) or set themselves on fire (my brothers 97 odyssey), my dads 02 CRV just turned 210,000 so were starting a pool to see what happens

I am at 128k right now on the civic and I think I should be able to hit 200k before I get something else in the next 2 years..

There is no reason for a new car not to last at least 100,000 miles, and if properly maintained 150-200,000.

Once a car starts to become too unreliable, or needs multiple major repairs, then I am done with it.

There is no reason for a new car not to last at least 100,000 miles, and if properly maintained 150-200,000.

Once a car starts to become too unreliable, or needs multiple major repairs, then I am done with it.

Same here, that's why I am thinking 200k I will be getting rid of the civic, don't want to do half shafts, clutch and timing belt again...

Ours was the first gen ody, and the electric window controls literally shorted out and set the drivers door on fire, at that point my parents decided it was time to get rid of it

Back