Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

I injected the "Dog bone" with silicone and plasti dipped it black. LOL. It looks nice. I'll take a pic tomorrow since it's dark out.

Here's the upper dog bone torque mount that's dipped black and injected with silicone. It's probably one of the cheap mods that will reduce the movement of the engine and will make shifting feel much smoother. I have yet to find the other torque mounts. Lol.
IMG_6878.jpg

I also dipped the windshield washer fluid cap and the oil dip stick.
IMG_6875.jpg

And I made my own denim shift boot using my old pair of jeans. My old shift boot had a little bit of wear so I decided to replace it. Don't mind the dirty interior.
IMG_6884.jpg

IMG_6880.jpg

Yeah. It took me a long time to do it too. Lol. I made a V2 version which is more puffed up.

Got 5% rear tints! Since NJ tint laws state that front windows are not allowed to be tinted, I got my rear windows as dark as possible.

Friday did the z140bh install
Saturday drove around dc with the new unit
Today f700bt install in a friends car and hfp install on mine

night driving with 5% is somewhat of a challenge
It's pretty bad when it rains during the night. My brother has 5% on his rx8 and I've driven it numerous times.

It looks more high-tech. Lol. Touch screen I'm assuming?

both are touch screens, a little disappointing the z140 still has a resistive touch panel while the AppRadio2 gets a capacitive panel like a iphone screen

wanted the new maps and features, pioneer had pretty much abandoned the F series as far as OS updates and potentially maps. The Z units have been supported since the z110 came out and you can get the new models software loaded on the old ones to give most of the new functionality and maps.

also the newer units support more steering wheel controls, and with a metra axxess unit i can remap buttons i dont use a lot like the mode button to something more useful like activating voice commands or answer phone call

Back