Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

I'm glad it was just coincidental maintenance; May I ask what regular battery you chose? I'm probably getting close to having to get a fresh one, too.
Just an Autocraft Gold from advance auto. I used a coupon code online and it was $130 after tax and all plus has a 3 year warranty.

Basically had the most CCA and a good price point.

I don't know why but these Honda's si love to eat battery's, I guess due to that big computer. A battery tender is not a option, it's a must. My dodge doesn't have this battery problem. There must be a power drain.:shady:

Attachments

• DSC00322.JPG
    DSC00322.JPG
    606.1 KB · Views: 3
Well I just put the truharts on like last month I think. So give me a lil bit to review those. Sk2’s I’ve had for like 3-4 years and I love them. Nice height and ride. Low but not too low.

I am going to turn on the TNPS sensors, all four Koing ultra grams are on the car with the firehawks 500. I need two more screws to put on the last center cap. Going to the hardware store. Then I am going to wash the car and Look at a Chev Van with 12,000 on it. The dark color bronze is very cool looking, it was the only color I could get that matches the car. I wanted gray:bunny:

my injector was leaking on my truck so dug into it. O ring and everything else was fine.Threw some high temp sealant around the o ring and we'll see what happens. Noticed the bracket that holds the injector in place was bent a bit so bent it back. Also cleaned up a bit and yes cleaning the gaskets off that 25 year old intake manifold was a *****. IMG_3030.JPG IMG_3031.JPG IMG_3032.JPG IMG_3033.JPG IMG_3034.JPG IMG_3035.JPG
The end blew off my rtv gasket tube halfway through running the bead. half the gasket was laid through the bottom end. had no choice.

Changed the oil then took the s10 for a drive. So far so good. No leaking. All I did was bend the clip that holds the injector in a bit and put some thread sealant on the o ring. I wouldn’t recommend doing that lol. E4E11A62-6181-4DEE-BBD5-3E525275DFC2.jpeg
Pics aren’t rotating anymore @webby just have to reduce the size.

Changed the oil then took the s10 for a drive. So far so good. No leaking. All I did was bend the clip that holds the injector in a bit and put some thread sealant on the o ring. I wouldn’t recommend doing that lol.

I forget what do you use the S10 for? Daily? Hauler? Both?

Yesterday afternoon I drove the STi to the car wash and on the way it didn't feel right... Like it was losing power. So I stopped in a parking lot and looked under the hood (everything looked fine). So I'm like let me drive it home in case it gets worse. On the way home I get a CEL and read the codes when I got home.

P0171 - System Too Lean (Extreme Fuel Trims)

So I checked over all hoses and connectors (best I could) and then I checked the MAF (connected properly). I removed the MAF and noticed something wrapped around the sensor inside. Looked like maybe some pollen.

Like one of these strings ->

stringy-things.jpg

So I removed it/blew it out and used some cleaner. Drove about 25 miles after and so far so far. Not sure how it got through my intake filter (stock intake)...

squirrels or other rodents starting a nest?

Did it drive fine after it was removed?

Removed it. Cleaned it. Let it dry. Put it back in. Cleared CEL. Started Car. Idled much better. Drove it 2-3 miles and it was fine. Ate dinner then took another drive (about 20 miles) and it drove fine.

squirrels or other rodents starting a nest?

Don't believe so. Removed the intake cover and filter and didn't see anything in there. Not sure how it got sucked up in there. We have had quite a bit of pollen lately :/

Back