• A large amount of updates and changes have been implemented. Users who have been using tapaptalk will need to access the site in their phone browser. You should see a big difference between the desktop/tablet/phone styles to make navigation and site options easier to use. If you come across any strange behavior, or errors, please report them in this thread. If you have any issues logging into the site, please delete all 9thcivic cookies and then log into the site. https://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/site-changes.16518/

Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Verzerrung

Yucaipa, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Coupe
My 6 month premium is $495.81. I had the $500 deductible before, but I had a hit and run back then and I never got it fixed, I can still get it fixed since I made a claim, but I don't wanna fork over $500. My monthly bill now is only $82.63 and I have rental insurance just in case now. I got the car all fixed up for now, I need to order a bumper and fender. Luckily I had a spare OEM headlight in my trunk from the junkyard I got a while back.

Insurance is writing me a check for $1,400 for the damages.

242498467_419921172801078_7062350928955504887_n.jpg

Last edited:

bootyluvr

Supporting Member
VIP Member
Toys For Tots
Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
2015 Honda Accord EX-L V6
My 6 month premium is $495.81. I had the $500 deductible before, but I had a hit and run back then and I never got it fixed, I can still get it fixed since I made a claim, but I don't wanna fork over $500. My monthly bill now is only $82.63 and I have rental insurance just in case now. I got the car all fixed up for now, I need to order a bumper and fender. Luckily I had a spare OEM headlight in my trunk from the junkyard I got a while back.

Insurance is writing me a check for $1,400 for the damages.

So it's $82.64/month.... I'm jealous.
Insurance discussion makes me RAGE
I pay $129.48/month for my Accord via State Farm. The wife pays around $110/month for her '17 Legacy.

Before anyone says anything... We aren't the type to "jump" back and forth so I guess I can't complain then :hiding:

ethlar

Grumpy Moderator
Super Mod
Toys For Tots
Philly
Vehicle Model
TLX 3.5 SH-AWD Tech
Body Style
Sedan
the insurance discussions leave out a lot of details, i know i personally carry excessive policies because of prior family experiences with uninsured drivers that just make me feel more comfortable to be covered for

Dad

Toys For Tots
Texas
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
So it's $82.64/month.... I'm jealous.
I pay $129.48/month for my Accord via State Farm. The wife pays around $110/month for her '17 Legacy.

Before anyone says anything... We aren't the type to "jump" back and forth so I guess I can't complain then :hiding:

I pay $198/month to cover my Civic and my wife's '20 Escape

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
a million variables from age/car type/# of claims/chance of theft/location etc etc. I've had premiums change 40%+ and down depending on the state I lived in.

Maryland as a state is in the top 19 most expensive states for car insurance. It's also ranked about the same for most vehicle thefts.

Verzerrung

Yucaipa, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Coupe
I will say this, I got my car in November of 2016 in Tennessee and my insurance was $240 a month with a $500 deductible and no rental option. Just standard. It has now been 5 years that I have been with USAA.

That $240 at first was absolutely brutal, but I’m grateful for the payment I have now. Of course no accidents thankfully.

bootyluvr

Supporting Member
VIP Member
Toys For Tots
Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
a million variables from age/car type/# of claims/chance of theft/location etc etc. I've had premiums change 40%+ and down depending on the state I lived in.

Maryland as a state is in the top 19 most expensive states for car insurance. It's also ranked about the same for most vehicle thefts.

**** Maryland! :cornmad:

36 / Honda Accord / 0 claims / average change of theft / outside Baltimore (in the county) / ect. ect.

:giggle:

bootyluvr

Supporting Member
VIP Member
Toys For Tots
Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
lol I saw figures from 2019 that claim 7554 car thefts in "Baltimore-Columbia-Towson, MD Metropolitan" area in 2019. :eek:

Funny how they have Towson in that quote as it's much safer than most areas. Baltimore = Baltimore City... which that place is ****.
I never go down to the city.

You're rates are going up because you're older now and more of a risk to us younger drivers

You ain't that much younger than me. You in the 30 group ;)

Dad

Toys For Tots
Texas
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I am, but I still find it easy to not be tempted by the Bingo halls I drive past

JesseFB6

Chino, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
took it to Penske Honda Ontario to purchase right drive shaft. Always a pleasure doing business there...highly recommend. Will have left and right installed next thursday