Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

My 6 month premium is $495.81. I had the $500 deductible before, but I had a hit and run back then and I never got it fixed, I can still get it fixed since I made a claim, but I don't wanna fork over $500. My monthly bill now is only $82.63 and I have rental insurance just in case now. I got the car all fixed up for now, I need to order a bumper and fender. Luckily I had a spare OEM headlight in my trunk from the junkyard I got a while back.

Insurance is writing me a check for $1,400 for the damages.

242498467_419921172801078_7062350928955504887_n.jpg

Last edited:
My 6 month premium is $495.81. I had the $500 deductible before, but I had a hit and run back then and I never got it fixed, I can still get it fixed since I made a claim, but I don't wanna fork over $500. My monthly bill now is only $82.63 and I have rental insurance just in case now. I got the car all fixed up for now, I need to order a bumper and fender. Luckily I had a spare OEM headlight in my trunk from the junkyard I got a while back.

Insurance is writing me a check for $1,400 for the damages.

So it's $82.64/month.... I'm jealous.
Insurance discussion makes me RAGE
I pay $129.48/month for my Accord via State Farm. The wife pays around $110/month for her '17 Legacy.

Before anyone says anything... We aren't the type to "jump" back and forth so I guess I can't complain then :hiding:

the insurance discussions leave out a lot of details, i know i personally carry excessive policies because of prior family experiences with uninsured drivers that just make me feel more comfortable to be covered for

So it's $82.64/month.... I'm jealous.
I pay $129.48/month for my Accord via State Farm. The wife pays around $110/month for her '17 Legacy.

Before anyone says anything... We aren't the type to "jump" back and forth so I guess I can't complain then :hiding:

I pay $198/month to cover my Civic and my wife's '20 Escape

a million variables from age/car type/# of claims/chance of theft/location etc etc. I've had premiums change 40%+ and down depending on the state I lived in.

Maryland as a state is in the top 19 most expensive states for car insurance. It's also ranked about the same for most vehicle thefts.

I will say this, I got my car in November of 2016 in Tennessee and my insurance was $240 a month with a $500 deductible and no rental option. Just standard. It has now been 5 years that I have been with USAA.

That $240 at first was absolutely brutal, but I’m grateful for the payment I have now. Of course no accidents thankfully.

a million variables from age/car type/# of claims/chance of theft/location etc etc. I've had premiums change 40%+ and down depending on the state I lived in.

Maryland as a state is in the top 19 most expensive states for car insurance. It's also ranked about the same for most vehicle thefts.

**** Maryland! :cornmad:

36 / Honda Accord / 0 claims / average change of theft / outside Baltimore (in the county) / ect. ect.

:giggle:

lol I saw figures from 2019 that claim 7554 car thefts in "Baltimore-Columbia-Towson, MD Metropolitan" area in 2019. :eek:

Funny how they have Towson in that quote as it's much safer than most areas. Baltimore = Baltimore City... which that place is ****.
I never go down to the city.

You're rates are going up because you're older now and more of a risk to us younger drivers

You ain't that much younger than me. You in the 30 group ;)

took it to Penske Honda Ontario to purchase right drive shaft. Always a pleasure doing business there...highly recommend. Will have left and right installed next thursday

Back