Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

@webby, got my car a few days ago and tested it today with a pocket thermometer. It was 97F outside and was reading at about 50F, difference of 47. Just wanted to see what other peoples range in temperature looks like.
363530322_317702107474451_5438674369175340340_n.jpg

@webby, got my car a few days ago and tested it today with a pocket thermometer. It was 97F outside and was reading at about 50F, difference of 47. Just wanted to see what other peoples range in temperature looks like.
363530322_317702107474451_5438674369175340340_n.jpg

well i took my car to bill gatton today and told them what was going on so the mec took it back and said that the car was shipped with too little freeon and it was blowing 50 degrees at the vent so they charged it up and added freeon and now it tested blowing cold at teh vents at 35 degrees i am happy now
^ this user said theirs was ~50 degrees. They got it charged up at the dealer, and then it was blowing 35 at the vents.

Wouldn't this depend on the outside temperature? Also, the vents could be blowing at 50F, but the cabin temperature would be slightly higher wouldn't it, by at least a few degrees?

Wouldn't this depend on the outside temperature? Also, the vents could be blowing at 50F, but the cabin temperature would be slightly higher wouldn't it, by at least a few degrees?

yes, it definitely would depend on outside temps, the humidity & dew point. If it was blowing 50 when he took it into the shop and then 30's after it was charged, the temps outside shouldn't have changed much. It doesn't take long to charge your ac. The cabin would also be slightly different from the temp at the vents.

Right? I have almost 98k on the Si and it’s time to go. Had it since 7 miles.

I don't have a time frame on when I replace vehicles.... I've had it since 2017 (it was 2 years old)...
what's the highest mileage you've had in a vehicle before trading/selling it?

Right? I have almost 98k on the Si and it’s time to go. Had it since 7 miles.
yea, I wondered if he had a mileage in his head he'd want to sell. I've had a few hondas from new to ~150k miles before swapping to something else.

My intent was timing. I wanted something new for my 40th. My Tacoma was for my 30th. It just so happens the Civic is getting to 100k.

what's the highest mileage you've had in a vehicle before trading/selling it?

:think: Hmm.. Well I haven't had really many vehicles.

'07 WRX - brand new to over 100k miles when I traded it in for the '15 WRX

'15 WRX - brand new to before 60k miles (it had issues so wanted to trade it in before the 60k powertrain warranty was up)

'07 STi - bought used with 93k (?) miles and didn't even put 3k miles on it in 2 years / never drove it so sold it.

'15 Accord - bought used with 21k miles and currently have 100k miles on it

At this time I have no desire for a new/used vehicle. Even if I were in the market I'm not even sure what I would want to get.. since I use it for work I think I'd go used again.

105k mile service (A14 Maintenance) in the Accord.

* Oil Change
* Spark plug
* Timing Belt
* Timing Belt Tensioner
* Water pump
* Rear Pads (I had the pads - they installed them)

interesting to see the 4cyl uses a timing chain, but the v6 uses a timing belt

Back