Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Mind me asking what it ran to have it done? Is that the legal limit for you?

ran about $550 to do it

Not sure if he's registering it in PA but PA tint law is 70%.

MD tint law is 35% (I have 20% like Ethlar)

PA tint law may be 70% but they seem to not really care, the Acura got reregistered in PA with its ~20% tint intact and no one said anything

PA tint law may be 70% but they seem to not really care, the Acura got reregistered in PA with its ~20% tint intact and no one said anything
In MD the 20% tint will 100% fail inspection and won't be able to register it.

did they do the roof glass, or it already had stuff in it from factory? I know teslas claim like 99% UV rejection in the roof glass. Maybe that's the norm in cars with with the big roof glass ceilings?

nah, the glass already has pretty close to 20% light and 99% UV blocking on it, i think i would have roasted in the car already if it didnt. The shop did say they dont give EVs a choice and go straight to ceramic tint

Some batterie’s definitely don’t seem to last very long. 22 Months for any battery is pretty terrible I’d imagine. Possibly defective? This is my third battery since December 2017. I’m getting roughly three years so that’s about average.

What was the battery she had? I picked up a Everstar I believe it is from Walmart. Not sure how they are, but we’ll see.

useful information, looks like I got a good battery and 3 year replacement I believe.

I need a bit of help with the 5 pin magic switch I bought for my fog lights. I received the switch and plugged it in and it functions with just the 4 wires. However, the terminal pin I had from a old plug didn’t fit so I couldn’t put the other ground wire. I don’t know if there is somewhere I could buy terminal pins that might fit or if I just have to go to a junkyard and snip plugs hoping to find the right size terminal pins.

I was also wondering if the function of the ground wire would be to close out the circuit that will then turn the light off on the switch. As it is now the switch is illuminated whether the fog lights are on or off. Thank you for any help.

IMG_0980.jpegIMG_0981.jpeg

Some batterie’s definitely don’t seem to last very long. 22 Months for any battery is pretty terrible I’d imagine. Possibly defective? This is my third battery since December 2017. I’m getting roughly three years so that’s about average.

What was the battery she had? I picked up a Everstar I believe it is from Walmart. Not sure how they are, but we’ll see.
My OEM '15 WRX battery lasted 2 years but they replaced it under warranty.

Her battery was from Advanced Auto or AutoZone. It had a 2 year warranty so they replaced it for free. It wasn't a cheap $100 battery. Think it was the middle grade.

That’s a good deal if the battery ends up dying before the warranty is over. Easy to change out and saves a couple of hundred. I’m hoping the Everstart battery won’t last beyond three years since it’s under warranty for that time.

I believe the last two batteries I had haven’t lasted beyond 2.5 years roughly.

I wanted to ask everyone their input regarding my AC situation. It blows cold in the winter/early AM, but anything beyond 90F it blows hot air and sometimes it will feel moist in the cabin. A few years back I bought a new AC compressor from a Honda dealership and my dad and I installed it. After install, I took it to a guy to get the freon removed and he did not evac the system. Instead he let all of the freon out into the open air, similar to how we would push the tip to release air in a bike. He then refilled the system and it has not been evac or charged since 2020/2021.

My question is, since there was never a evac done correctly and considering from what I read, sources say that you have to evac the system, otherwise I would have air in the system. I'm guessing it is likely that I do have air in the system, but I'm unfamiliar with the AC system so I don't know what the issues could be caused from. Do you guys think this can have an affect on the performance of the AC or possibly be causing damage to the system?

I called a shop for a drop off on Thursday and they quoted $225 for evac and recharge, hold vacuum for 30 minutes (I'm guessing to test for pressurization?) and dye to see if there any leaks in the system/hoses/seals and then to refill the system. Is this a fair price?

Thank you.

Back