Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

I bet 2 people would be best for install? Or was is something else?

I bet 2 people would be best for install? Or was is something else?
Oh, it’s getting the VHB tape off. The other thing, is the brackets that hold the kit on sit lower than the pinch welds. If anybody else works on the car and puts it on a lift, it pinches the front bracket and messes things up. It’s all plastic and easy to install, it’s just prepping the surfaces and the need to rehab it when, not if, you find that bracket pinched.

And while replacing the busted out fog light, I’m just astonished at how tragic the paint is on the front of the car. It’s expensive, but the next car will have full PPF at least on the front, if not the entirety of the car.

I was washing mine this past weekend and the rock chips were terrible. I thought i was leaving dirt on it, but i soon realized it was all the paint chips. Gonna have to look into a respray in the future.

And while replacing the busted out fog light, I’m just astonished at how tragic the paint is on the front of the car. It’s expensive, but the next car will have full PPF at least on the front, if not the entirety of the car.

I was washing mine this past weekend and the rock chips were terrible. I thought i was leaving dirt on it, but i soon realized it was all the paint chips. Gonna have to look into a respray in the future.
Ppf the front end would be a must if I ever bought another new or newer car. Rock chips suck.

Replaced the oil pressure switch on my dart for the second time because the first one failed like the original letting oil through the sensor after only driving it like 4 times. That's reassuring.

Also noticed that it feels like the transmission was locking up on the last couple drives so I drove home with my scan tool attached to look at data and found out that it's actually misfiring on two cylinders when it happens which could be a much cheaper fix.

Hit 90k miles on the Accord last night when I got home.

_t3d_c0ui0VzH0FYOWMpiCAHlIsir0qGjYxSn9Sv20FuAXbIgyhMn6cqJkIIAHcQ_G0P5gRfy8Gnqo9ThcmAc88kw9AJKLbiCLRA1H1W44llhTXThs_dD-ZNdAcru8noDDtXgAwujfLsn8-vi26VXK7ZDWA5yV58fxvUA_YPxscDiPjTgjtrko3ChgT4aCEuS64p43vxvMIncbfi31mk1mislaaKhffs5uLZcxXxcoLytL_F-A08YY3lDqjuxSZ_RzU_dQJF5WIUL8bjTeNed5S1wl5kfZza9fVoVQhU4vBbkk_ohW7PRcfKZUfTAXjI1wwF-1lPAAxAMxiz11zApIew-S9ozn-BzZWl1pfEgGU2jpeWPBibOEsCh4wN7kicPl9KK1T_PDpaM56h4dERDQerKGB9ETQTuKyrX9MNzXGydZD0MR7al18ojDJUdMg9aJqsWSxHqE4VmpWTYw3eicHVTFQP-q2geT2ogqSKJCCHiu3joUKZwhGop1_k-8Ale_Zfw4ATs9RYIyu5sAmV3ZyzPSJOOntvtNMe1cz90X7Ya7oCUgRXriyn96PSL7c2MAIWh9YG2pB6PDTOcet4mx10wEBm_9roYk5UcwTCuDHGvSzP09iMzQUY8AFpIuIckgccraug3P52zSXB7AsSXrxiBJVHGy-clXciPpqut1zPAFPoEZfg485KXfTiB7MrIcmG3Ss2L9f9omhj_sldsG07cVPoAsgcGOgItGXJr8LI0AyVOwQyeixcG6gHepWSli9OvXciYeBidOHBrcTKsM-Cg3T4S3_SlE_vQqvq_tU-hr30L8TNiASUzLFZwn-1vOxmQY8xSPjAlfxmZzOrd1alQV7VH4yshnlV9mmKzzlhFT2rvuNJEgEaMzvikh2a2mSEQTzFpNtJxSR9UcSr7XZDTE5bFYHwCTC74PJweXXYVtn4LGUqHLDkd8f6mMT5euTeUBlMvb8d8rrPAQObLw4=w528-h937-no

Not bad for $290. Was going to do an active sub for $170 but figure being able to upgrade is worth the extra money. Not the final placement for the amp as I really wanted to mount it under the seat so all it would take is 2 wires to remove the box if I ever need to.

This has made me realize that the setup in my si is awfully underpowered. I accidently got two amps so I might keep the second one and put it in my si.
1000000120.jpg

Another not Civic related post following up on this on-going sub-thread of mine. This past weekend, I managed to finish putting together the majority of the rear subframe assembly for my Stealth and getting it loosely bolted into place under my car. There is still a ton of other stuff to do before getting an alignment and driving the car again; but, progress is progress. Originally, this was planned to be a 3-4 month endeavor but has taken 10mos from removal to reinstallation. Anyhow, enjoy the photos:

Before and after shots:
View attachment 65354 View attachment 65358

View attachment 65355 View attachment 65359

View attachment 65356 View attachment 65360

View attachment 65357 View attachment 65361

Some photos of where I left things on Saturday:
View attachment 65362 View attachment 65363

So, for anyone following along on my non-Civic related content, this past weekend marked a major milestone for my Stealth. This Saturday, I was able to put the car back on the ground for the first time in nearly a year. This was not the longest stretch of it being on jack stands; but, it was a key goal for me to get the car reassembled in less than a year after I realized that this rear subframe restoration project wouldn't be done in the few months I had originally expected. So, I made my goal by 1 day; it was in the air from 11 Dec 2021 to 10 Dec 2022; this was a small victory, I know, but a good one. I still need to get the car aligned before it is properly driveable; but, that appointment isn't for a few weeks. In the meantime, with the holidays and what not, there are a couple of small things I want to take care of on the front suspension beforehand, but other than that, this portion of the project is complete.

Stealth 07.JPG

I have those same grey towels
came with the kit. feels nice.

since the front lip i ordered for the wifes 10th gen probably wont come in before christmas i decided to order some vland mugen style tail lights for her car.
thankfully amazon seems to sell them and says it will arrive on the 24th. heres hoping.
71Qo4ByyoEL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

What else do you have done to the wifes civic?
Nothing really. 10" subwoofer and a trailer hitch. lol.
probably going to pick up some tires for my stock si rims and throw those on there. i dont think she would do well if i lower it. she mostly wants cosmetic stuff like the tail lights.
might pick up some sequential lights for the rear bumper as well.

Safe to say these are a little brighter. Probably a good thing that I got the 12000 lumens instead of the 200000.

I just hope they work well. Had some led bulbs in my si and they sucked.
1000000176.jpg

Back