Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

By the way it appears to me, the rubber is molded to the glass and cannot be replaced separately; but, I didn't really poke at it to be sure, just my observation. If that is true, a simple repair gets to be much more expensive (which is part of the reason I haven't really messed with it).
it can be removed and replaced, its just not easy to re install at all. my frame was rusted so i repalced the entire deal for $600 cnd.

By the way it appears to me, the rubber is molded to the glass and cannot be replaced separately; but, I didn't really poke at it to be sure, just my observation. If that is true, a simple repair gets to be much more expensive (which is part of the reason I haven't really messed with it).
The rubber seal does separate from the frame/glass. I pulled it off a month or so ago to repair some rust on the frame. It is a major pain to fit the seal back into the frame. Took me almost 2 hours to fit it back in.

The new frame and glass I believe is $300ish? and only takes 5 min to replace.

The rubber seal does separate from the frame/glass. I pulled it off a month or so ago to repair some rust on the frame. It is a major pain to fit the seal back into the frame. Took me almost 2 hours to fit it back in.

worth the money in my opinion. just sucks i paid more because im in canada.

Not Civic related, but I managed to make a bit of progress on my Stealth rear subframe refurbishment project I last commented on in May as I finally got a few parts in from Mitsubishi (still waiting on several more). The basics are that I was able to complete the reassembly of my rear diff and the initial assembly of the left trailing arm assembly. The rear diff was huge for me as this was the first time I have put one together and set it up, setting pinion height, backlash, gear engagement, and bearing preload, all a bit more complex than some may realize. Anyhow, attached are some pics for your enjoyment.

Rear diff:
View attachment 65113 View attachment 65114 View attachment 65115

Left trailing arm:
View attachment 65112

Another not Civic related post following up on this on-going sub-thread of mine. This past weekend, I managed to finish putting together the majority of the rear subframe assembly for my Stealth and getting it loosely bolted into place under my car. There is still a ton of other stuff to do before getting an alignment and driving the car again; but, progress is progress. Originally, this was planned to be a 3-4 month endeavor but has taken 10mos from removal to reinstallation. Anyhow, enjoy the photos:

Before and after shots:
Subframe 01.jpg Subframe 06.jpg

Subframe 02.jpg Subframe 07.jpg

Subframe 03.jpg Subframe 08.jpg

Subframe 04.jpg Subframe 09.jpg

Some photos of where I left things on Saturday:
Subframe 10.jpg Subframe 11.jpg

Another not Civic related post following up on this on-going sub-thread of mine. This past weekend, I managed to finish putting together the majority of the rear subframe assembly for my Stealth and getting it loosely bolted into place under my car. There is still a ton of other stuff to do before getting an alignment and driving the car again; but, progress is progress. Originally, this was planned to be a 3-4 month endeavor but has taken 10mos from removal to reinstallation. Anyhow, enjoy the photos:

Before and after shots:
View attachment 65354 View attachment 65358

View attachment 65355 View attachment 65359

View attachment 65356 View attachment 65360

View attachment 65357 View attachment 65361

Some photos of where I left things on Saturday:
View attachment 65362 View attachment 65363

Holy cow man, that is some amazing attention to detail

For $300 I'm gonna leave that **** alone, lol.

Tried to start it around 6:45am to leave for work and it just clicked.... :rolleyes:

Battery is only 2 years old (8/2020) but it was only reading 44CCA (it's a 640CCA battery)... :confused::mad: At least the replacement is free.

Tried to start it around 6:45am to leave for work and it just clicked.... :rolleyes:

Battery is only 2 years old (8/2020) but it was only reading 44CCA (it's a 640CCA battery)... :confused::mad: At least the replacement is free.
I’m curious as to the brand of battery

bummer! When I bought my civic, both fog lamps were shattered like that. When I replaced them, I installed a clear film to hopefully avoid that

bummer! When I bought my civic, both fog lamps were shattered like that. When I replaced them, I installed a clear film to hopefully avoid that
Ain’t cheap to replace either. Over 10 years in this car, first blown up fog light.

What a pain. One side done. The side skirt I put on was the one originally installed on the car. I think it’s been in my rafters since 2014 or 2015.

53D99EC8-7623-4449-A2E4-4CC79BC7A0DA.jpeg

Back