Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Washed it for the first time in well over a month. Used to wash it every weekend. Trying out a new product and getting on that graphene wagon. It goes on nicer than turtle wax ceramic. Doesn't streak. Will see how it looks with the first rain it sees.

Still waiting for my password jdm gurney flap and I ended up ordering some headlights. Mine are starting to show their age.
20220710_103317.jpg20220710_103332.jpg

Washed it for the first time in well over a month. Used to wash it every weekend. Trying out a new product and getting on that graphene wagon. It goes on nicer than turtle wax ceramic. Doesn't streak. Will see how it looks with the first rain it sees.

Still waiting for my password jdm gurney flap and I ended up ordering some headlights. Mine are starting to show their age.
View attachment 64915View attachment 64916
What’s the deal with the graphene?

Took the leap and swapped the hybrid deck lid and rear lamps on Saturday. I wasn't totally sold on the hybrid lamps and was just going to keep my Si lamps but wanted to install them and see how they looked. Turned out really nice I think

I had the hybrid harness ordered already so I had to swap that out as well, it really made this whole swap pretty easy

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    678.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Disassembled.jpg
    Disassembled.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
  • Lights off.jpg
    Lights off.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • Lights on.jpg
    Lights on.jpg
    594.1 KB · Views: 9
Took the leap and swapped the hybrid deck lid and rear lamps on Saturday. I wasn't totally sold on the hybrid lamps and was just going to keep my Si lamps but wanted to install them and see how they looked. Turned out really nice I think

I had the hybrid harness ordered already so I had to swap that out as well, it really made this whole swap pretty easy

No 3rd brake light? Unless I'm missing it. Here you'd get a ticket for no 3rd brake light.

i dont think youve ever posted your car before. maybe i missed that. looks good.
Yeah I can't remember it either lol

I had those hybrid tails on my old 9thGen Si.....same color as yours.

It sounds like a big task to swap it out, but it really wasn't bad!

You can get aftermarket lamps that are the hybrid style that will plug and play, but I wanted to swap the trunk as well

Well, final got my downpipe ordered! So it should be here by the end of this coming week. So time to get the garage ready for me to pull the car in and finally get this downpipe and exhaust install done! It's like I've been waiting forever, lol. Dunno what's coming next, but it will most likely be a little while now since this is still my daily. I do want to lower it a bit and wheels, etc. But i honestly think my next couple purchases will be fixing up little things that have worn out like my trim on the doors is cracked. My wiper cowl had broken tabs (but they're really expensive for some reason).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220806-094937_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20220806-094937_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 1
My wiper cowl is next as well, it is cracked in a few places from some hail stones I believe (my hood has a few dents from similar sized hail)

Well...kinda went on a binge. Ordered a set of truhart lowering springs and a new windshield banner after the downpipe. Prolly need to get some rear camber arms, so i might wait to install the lowering springs until i have those so i can dial in rear camber after the drop. But I'm excited that things are moving forward with the car again. I'll be on vacation in Gatlinburg TN next weekend. So install for exhaust stuff ain't happening until after that most likely.

Back