Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

That brings us back to not being allowed in the maintenance area, talking to the actual mechanic.

Drove it for the first time in a week and wondered how in the hell the landscapers at work managed to get globs of salt on the front bumper, hood and roof of my car.. Need to now find time to wash the car

Lets try this again...Still learning the Tapatalk App. I know this isn't really the idea, but I did do this today...Have had the car 1 year this month and just hit 10K miles...
10K.jpg

Detailed my car.
IMG_9976_zps59d85aa4.jpg

Washed it. They didn't do as great a job as when I went the first time. My car was pretty dirty from the snow. But they didn't even clean the interior glass. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357789178.491032.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1357789187.779555.jpg
Can't wait for spring so I can do it myself.

My AAV broke when I uninstalled my Rick Spec'd CAI a couple of weeks ago. I used epoxy to put it back together. I suggest that you guys be careful when you're removing a hose from the AAV (air assist valve). People tend to break it when they are installing an aftermarket intake because the hose connection is made of a brittle plastic material. I'm assuming that the K20 and K24 have the same AAV. And a new one costs about $90.

Reason for uninstalling?

Washed it. They didn't do as great a job as when I went the first time. My car was pretty dirty from the snow. But they didn't even clean the interior glass.
Can't wait for spring so I can do it myself.
freddiii ......... just wondering, do you smoke "anything at all" in your car(or have passengers that do? Reason I ask, is I haven't had to clean the inside windows in 6000 miles, but no smoking. Not judging you just wondering about the windows.
Car looks nice and clean...........

The plastics off-gas, as well as you get exhaust gases pulled in via the heater vent, it would be worse in traffic that is stationary, such as sitting in line at a light. Mine is fairly clean as well at the moment, but the city I am in doesn't have high traffic volumes.

The plastics off-gas, as well as you get exhaust gases pulled in via the heater vent, it would be worse in traffic that is stationary, such as sitting in line at a light. Mine is fairly clean as well at the moment, but the city I am in doesn't have high traffic volumes.
I'm in a small green town with not much traffic, and I park in my garage, so it really hasn't been sitting in the sun either. That's kind of why I asked most of my cars have been new and I always had to park outside(in my other life), and have smoked off and on(but not in the last 10 years). So I was kind of wondering how much inside window crap was getting on other peeps cars, just to see the diff' in my habits now, from the past....... Retired with nothing to do but think........ I bought one of those paddles to clean the inside windshield and rear window, when it ever starts looking cloudy, looks like it should make it easy to get to the hard to reach areas.

. So I was kind of wondering how much inside window crap was getting on other peeps cars, just to see the diff' in my habits now, from the past....... Retired with nothing to do but think.........
I am a smoker and have to clean my windows every other week. So here is another reason I need to kick the habit.......

Reason for uninstalling?
Got rid of Flashpro. I'm only dding my car for now. I'll probably get fp later on. I'm also working on a custom intake that will use a stock maf housing and a 3.5" maf housing for fp.

:snow: :snow: :snow: :snow: :snow: tried to get out of our back alley got hung up on snow dug it out still couldnt move it. decided why not try pulling it out yeah we got it out what did we use to pull it out company car (2002 protege)

snow was up past the door so close to 6 inches and we are to get another 8-12 more inches overnight

:snow: :snow: :snow: :snow: :snow: tried to get out of our back alley got hung up on snow dug it out still couldnt move it. decided why not try pulling it out yeah we got it out what did we use to pull it out company car (2002 protege)

snow was up past the door so close to 6 inches and we are to get another 8-12 more inches overnight
Higher than that the clearance under our stock cars are 6.1 "

freddiii ......... just wondering, do you smoke "anything at all" in your car(or have passengers that do? Reason I ask, is I haven't had to clean the inside windows in 6000 miles, but no smoking. Not judging you just wondering about the windows.
Car looks nice and clean...........

No I don't smoke at all. I do like my lungs lol. I don't usually clean them either, but I do expect them to be wiped down at a car wash. Especially since I do have 16 month old twins who ride in my car every weekend. And a 13 yo cousin who sits up front and likes to touch the glass when it's fogged up. Becuz of those things, I do prefer for them to be wiped down. I'm going to just do it myself, just gotta get sum windex out to the car later today.

I also live in Brooklyn, NY and park outside. I am going to buy one of those tilted pads as you described, becuz it is a pain trying to reach behind the imid deck.

Freddiii ......... Never thought about ppl (kids) touching the glass ....... and I agree if your paying someone to clean your car, they should clean the windows, for sure if there are smudges on them. Yeh the tilted pad sold me(haven't used yet) just on there's no other way to reach between the speakers and the rear glass.

Back