Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

I don't know exactly what they do, but it involves going from the other side of the hood from what the guy was telling me.. they actually cut a little hole on the underside of my hood then wiggled some tools in and pop the dent out from the other side. Then plug the hole up after with some rubber/silicone type plug...kind of hard to tell by these pics but that's how they do itImageUploadedByTapatalk1357353012.132770.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1357353121.397583.jpg

Yeah lol Not quite sure what they were thinking. As much as I drive though, it's not too bad to only have to do it once a year :giggle:

My AAV broke when I uninstalled my Rick Spec'd CAI a couple of weeks ago. I used epoxy to put it back together. I suggest that you guys be careful when you're removing a hose from the AAV (air assist valve). People tend to break it when they are installing an aftermarket intake because the hose connection is made of a brittle plastic material. I'm assuming that the K20 and K24 have the same AAV. And a new one costs about $90.

IMG_9999_zpsa1b051ff.jpg

Installed fog light kit on my car, well not me, I had the dealer do it, since I have better things to do this time of year with my time. I asked them to pull off the bumper re-bar and spray Rust Check in front frame section, since you can't get to it, and I provided a handy spray can. Obviously they didn't since the can is still full. Not sure how many times you have to repeat yourself for the service advisors... they seem to listen to what they want to hear.

When I was in automotive parts sales and service, things were a bit different.

Next time tape a note to the area of the car they'll be working on, telling them what you want.

Back