• Landline

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • No Phone

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Windows Phone

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
Android Jelly Bean Updates Starting to Appear on Smartphones

The Samsung Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ smartphone is the first to get the new Android Jelly Bean OS from the factory

Coming just a few weeks after its big splash in late June at Google's I/O Developer's Conference, the rollout of the new phones with the latest Android release and its broad new features was announced in a Google+ blog post touting the development. Owners of older Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ devices that are running previous versions of Android will soon receive messages on their handsets advising them that the updated code is available for download and installation, according to the post.

Users of other Android models of phones will also soon receive news of available updates as they continue to be rolled out, according to Google+. "Up next for Jelly Bean: all Galaxy Nexus, Nexus S, Motorola Xoom and, of course, Nexus 7, which will ship with Jelly Bean later this month," the blog post reported.

ill just start with my first smartphone.

blackberry curve - was a good phone for what it was. texting and emailing was great. browsing was ok. apps what not a big thing back then so never really bothered with it.

blackberry storm - first full touchscreen smart phone i had. again good with the texting (great for bombing friends phones with text) and emailing. browsing better than what was on the curve. went through three phones cause the glass kept cracking.

motorola droid - first android phone. loved this phone even tho it was missing the fifth row of numbers. overall a great phone texting, emailing, web surfing, and most apps i used were free. and in my opinion the last good motorola smart phone.

htc incredible - digitizer cracked on the droid so complained to verizon and they sent me a incredible to replace it. liked htc's user interface compared to motorola's. missed the physical keyboard but just like any phone got used to it over a week or so. again another great phone and had no issues with it. only thing i would say is that the different ways i could sync my contacts under the htc interface didnt as easy like it did on my motorola droid.

htc thunderbolt - bought this one off ebay. had 4g turned off most of the time and the battery would last just like the previous two android phones i had. bigger and heavier but still a great phone. first android phone that gave me issues and sent it in to htc twice to have them look at the phone and repair it for just shutting off out of no where and not turning on again.

iphone 4s (current) - was able to reserve one at the apple store and it was released. questioned switching the night before but still headed to the store in the morning and made the switch. its a good phone never any issues with it. really i feel like this phone is like a smartphone you really can f**k up like a smartphone for dummies. most of the apps i had on my android phones were free and saw that i had to pay to have them on the iphone.

next up will probably be the samsung galaxy s3. think its time to switch back to android now and get some money back by selling the iphone on craigslist. tho now that verizon is not letting grandfathered unlimited data plans continue when upgrading to a new smartphone (unless you pay full price on the phone) is making me think if i should hold onto the iphone just a lil bit longer.

you could probably get $425+ easily on the phone if it's in good condition.

you could probably get $425+ easily on the phone if it's in good condition.

in a case with a screen protector since day one. :spinning: probably going to make the switch before the fall when the 5 should come out just so i can sell it. should go to a store and do it tomorrow but i want new golf clubs also :spazface:

his favorite person is ken block and his favorite company is apple.

Me? Apple is alright. I'm definitely not the person who has to go out and buy each of their latest products (obviously). Actually, the only apple product I've ever owned is this phone. I'd buy the next iphone that comes out if I feel it performs well given the rest of the current market for phones. If it doesn't, I have no problem looking elsewhere.

Back