DIY RBC Swap into 9th Gen - * ECU Tuning Is Mandatory *

My car got tune already by VitViper. And I also change my alternator too because is was bad. I was gonna returned again but was trying find the problem first before I tune again.

You'll need him to do a retune for the car to actually be functional.

You'll need him to do a retune for the car to actually be functional.
Right now I'm turning with VitViper but still have the idle sound. He say it might be my vacuum leak or my tb adjustment but I check that already. Any clue why it's still idle?

Right now I'm turning with VitViper but still have the idle sound. He say it might be my vacuum leak or my tb adjustment but I check that already. Any clue why it's still idle?
Is the rpm bouncing? I don't know how far you are into tuning, or what map you're on? Has vit said the problem isn't tuning related at this point?

Is the rpm bouncing? I don't know how far you are into tuning, or what map you're on? Has vit said the problem isn't tuning related at this point?
Yes,my rpm keep bouncing from 1 to 2rpm and I'm on map 2 only with VitViper. Don't wanna drive around with my idle problem.

Yes,my rpm keep bouncing from 1 to 2rpm and I'm on map 2 only with VitViper. Don't wanna drive around with my idle problem.
vitviper is going to be your answer for that. If he's saying it's not tune related and you have a vacuum leak.... I don't know what else to say. He diagnoses cars nonstop

Gonna get going on this. Hope some of y'all will be around just in case. Lol. But seriously. :)

No dammit. Wish I did. Lol. I have to go back and reroute the wires harness to the throttle body.

Are u talking about the big port underneath?

I've truthfully only seen one rbc, and that's the one I installed on my car. Ha

The coolant part on the far right of the manifold where it bolts up to the head has been cut off.
Ktuned makes a coolant plate that kinda replaced it (second picture)

25-119-thickbox.jpg
KTD-K24-IMA_08.jpg

Last edited:
Did u get this already? Is there advantage to having this? Looks cool just seems easier to plug the hole up top.

Actually if I would've know this could be done I probably would've when prl bored out my rbc. I just like how it looks. Haha.

I have the black rbc manifold that I posted at first, missing everything else to complete the swap.
I've been told that it would run cooler intake air temperatures.

The PRL adapter kit is not needed but I do need a thermal gasket instead.
What I am wondering is which thermal intake manifold gasket am I going to need.

I'm not sure if the ktuned coolant plate goes over a thermal gasket or if I need a thermal gasket that only goes over the rbc manifold.

Found out today that i'll have to use a thermal gasket from a k20a2 which is a rsx since they also don't have the coolant portion.
I wasn't sure if the coolant plate would need a thermal gasket but it simply goes directly on the block.

I will also need a throttle body spacer if I remember correctly? Would it be a spacer from the 2006-2011 civic si?

Back