DIY Replace fog light bulbs with LED, stock replacement or HIDS or any kind of bulb

they were just saying that if you run LED lights in your daytime running light spot ... it throws an error when you flip your high beams on. You have to buy a special device and wire it in to get rid of the error. Basically tricking the car into thinking you have a normal bulb instead of the LED bulb.

they were just saying that if you run LED lights in your daytime running light spot ... it throws an error when you flip your high beams on. You have to buy a special device and wire it in to get rid of the error. Basically tricking the car into thinking you have a normal bulb instead of the LED bulb.
The error is when the DRL's are on, when you flash the hi beams it wasnt a problem. If it was just the hi beams i wouldnt have bought the decoder lol, but the drl are on all day and that warning on the i-mid is annoying.

i'm totally f*cking confused again...
I'm with you mongoose221. This whole headlight thing seems very complicated and I ask myself what's the point in the whole thing anyway? As long as you can see where your going when the sun goes down it's all good.
So what is the point in going through all the trouble of replacing bulbs, rewiring everything, tricking the i-mid etc? :confuzzled:

Here's my fogs H/P is the bulb color, ill see if I can get a number I believe it's 15k though

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    736 KB · Views: 31
If you run those all the time, you may end up with a ticket. Unless the police around you don't care.

If you run those all the time, you may end up with a ticket. Unless the police around you don't care.
i keep my lights on auto. so far i havent been bothered. theyre fogs so it shouldnt be a problem. they dont shine in anyones eyes, theyre pointed at the ground. and thats my argument for when i do get pulled over! lol

I have 6k in my low beams and it doesn't seem to bother anyone. I never get high beamed.

Hey thank for the DIY and now I can finally get the water out off my fog light.

I do have 10k fog light but it's white color and I also had 10k for low beam but it's blue color lol.

I also had blue led for DRL and the bad thing is hi beam are useless because they are not that bright.

Hey thank for the DIY and now I can finally get the water out off my fog light.

I do have 10k fog light but it's white color and I also had 10k for low beam but it's blue color lol.

I also had blue led for DRL and the bad thing is hi beam are useless because they are not that bright.
Having the 10k low beams should be plenty plus the fogs you don't need highs lol

How can I remove the stock cover from the fog light hole, there's no screw for the blank cap/cover ?

Back