DIY Replace fog light bulbs with LED, stock replacement or HIDS or any kind of bulb

Hey man,

Im looking putting new lights in my SI, but not sure which ones to get? what kind did you put in yous?

Thanks!
Welcome.......
Like your Icon, have you solo'd yet ? I use to jump all the time, great sport.

Yeah not too difficult at all. At first I was a lil scared to just pull the fog light housing out but after a little left to right tugging I got the tabs loose and it just came right out. Then a quick turn of the bulb and they were out. Thanks for the DIY.

Here's a pic of my yellow 3k bulbs installed.
edcff91b.jpg

I removed the two (2) screws on the fog light housing/bezel. I tried the left to right tugging method you mentioned but I was unable to remove it. :( I was thinking of getting a small 90° hook or screw driver so i can insert it behind the bezel through the screw hole and pull the housing out. I just can't seem to get enough leverage to remove the housing. I'm using gloves with grip while tugging left to right but it's on there pretty good. Any other ideas on how to remove the housing without tearing up the plastic?

The tabs are opposite side of the screws. Use a pick or the screw driver. once the screw is out put the pick in the hole the screw came so you can have some grip and just pull it towards you

The tabs are opposite side of the screws. Use a pick or the screw driver. once the screw is out put the pick in the hole the screw came so you can have some grip and just pull it towards you

The screwdriver won't work for me. I can't get any leverage with it. I need a small pick like you said. Something like the the second or third one so I can pull the bezel out easier.
60003_v2__99342.1350074926.1280.1280.jpg

I'm going to go out now to purchase this set and I will reply and attempt to provide pics as well. I'll likely post tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion, boejoula. :)

Is it brighter? Hate how much light are headlights give off. Looking to upgrade without doing HIDS

The LED not that bright here some pics that I got.

when DRL was on
IMG_0212.JPG

Here when I turned on the high beam and low beam.
IMG_0214.JPG

They are not bright as the regular high beam.

IMG_3423.JPG IMG_3425.JPGIMG_3426.JPGIMG_3433.JPGIMG_3431.JPGIMG_3428.JPG

2012 Civic Si Coupe

I had to use that small pick to pull the housing out and replace the bulb. "Super Illumen". :eekdancesmiley: These bulbs do not have a long life but that doesn't matter since replacing them is stupid simple. :thumbsup:

I wish someone would come out with the LED bulbs for the fog lights that are yellow, not amber :( Can't find them anywhere.

I wish someone would come out with the LED bulbs for the fog lights that are yellow, not amber :( Can't find them anywhere.
Amber and yellow are pretty much the same...I know in terms of natural colors they are much different, but in terms of car LEDs, it's the same

Back