roadmagnet springs 2012 civic

Hello Everyone,

I am looking at receiving both upper rear spring mounts from Honda by Monday at the latest. We will then use the mounts to change the design and close that upper rear coil so it fits more snug over the perch. Once we have that figured out, we will have a production run of the rear springs to replace all those that have already been ordered/received. Satisfying our current customers is our top priority before we put the springs back on the market for potentially new customers. Barring any large set backs, we should begin a production run about 2 weeks after receiving the springs seats from Honda.

I will keep this thread updated on our progress! Thanks again for everyone's patience!

Alaina

Thts good to hear. Hopefully all this gets fixed soon so I can maybe order some

Thats great that they'll be replaced if the customer wants to replace them, though that would be completely expected with any other product on the market, if it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit...

Where is the explanation as to why the 8th gen insulator fits so perfectly onto road magnets 9th gen springs (like they were designed to go with the 8th gen insulators)? If those springs had been designed around the 2012 Fox marketing Si coupe, there's no possiblility the 8th gen insulator would snap right into place on the rear upper spring...Aside from saying you'll be fixing the problem, redesigning them etc...please explain how an 8th gen part solves the fittment problem with your 9th gen spings?

it's also an issue for all of the people having to pay for a shop to redo their previous install.

Exactly..not everyone knows the shop well enough to get it done for free, and not everyone does it themselves.

I'm done wasting my energy on the situation...the only answer we get is what they're going to do to fix it. No explanation as to why there's a fittment problem to begin with.

Doesn't road magnet test their product before selling it to customers? Is there not a R&D phase that certainly would have exposed the fact that your design doesn't come close to fitting a 2012 Honda Civic?? It makes no sense to say "we're redesigning the 9th gen springs once we receive the 8th gen insulators"...why on earth would you need an 8th gen part to fix a 9th gen part, especially considering you had the 9th gen car to design the part around? I'll end with that because I know we won't receive a ligitimate answer.

When new springs are sent there is no guarantee they will settle to the same height as the old set potentially causing alignment issues which is an additional cost to have done. Seriously considering saying enough and waiting for properly tested springs from another company or going for coil overs. If it wasn't such a PITA I would have returned them and put stocks back on by now.

When new springs are sent there is no guarantee they will settle to the same height as the old set potentially causing alignment issues which is an additional cost to have done. Seriously considering saying enough and waiting for properly tested springs from another company or going for coil overs. If it wasn't such a PITA I would have returned them and put stocks back on by now.

yup, coilovers for me...if the car didn't sit so damn high from the factory I would have just waited for coilovers rather than chancing it with springs that I never even heard of, the original height is the same reason I really don't want to pay money to throw the stockers back on.

I'll just buy the coilovers when they're available and donate the road magnets to a playground :)

playgroundtoy.jpg

Those are some very good points, springs settling etc. Just got the parts in thought I would post pics as testimony too. I'm not going to leave these on my car either. I dropped 50 bucks on 8th gen isolaters from the dealer, and I'll prbly never get reimbursed for that, the road magnets are $260. If I would have just bought 8th gen springs and isolaters I would have saved time, and money.9th.jpg8th iso.jpg8th on.jpgfits.jpg

Honestly they should just admit they used 8thgen springs, cut you guys a check to pay for isolators or somethin & call it a lesson learned from both sides. Why would you want new rear springs when the 8thgen rear isolators fix the problem. Cause personally I wouldn't feel like droping the rear suspension a 3rd time for just a damn drop spring.

I agree with redsfan..though I obviously don't think they will admit anything...you would think paying for the insulators for anyone who had to purchase them would be automatic since they did admit the springs dont fit, but the couple of times I mentioned them reimbursing the $48 I spent I got no response.

she was online yesterday at 10am but didn't post

Yes, I was on yesterday and didn't post. AND NO these aren't 8th gen springs. I am really tired of sounding like a broken record here guys, but there is no sense in me replying to every single post when the answer will always be the same. We ARE changing the design. Everyone WILL be shipped new springs at no charge. We do not know WHY everything worked on the FOX Civic and not on yours, that's why we are doing more testing. There is nothing more I can tell you guys until after I receive the parts from Honda.

I will keep everyone updated with the progress like so:

STATUS REPORT as of 03/08/12

Still waiting on Spring Seats from Honda

PLAN OF ACTION:

Once seats are received, we will redesign and close top rear spring coil. (This will take approx 1-1.5 weeks including testing)

A production run of rear springs only will start upon completion of testing.

We are expecting new rear springs to start5 shipping out by the end of March.

As always, we thank you for your patience.

maybe the fox marketing car they were designed for was a an early release with diff setup? I believe you and I think its great you are sending new springs...the noise isnt really that bad to the point I dont even care about it...Ive had almost 15 lowered/slammed cars with everything from cut springs (i know ghetto) to full coils...lowering a car sometimes has some negative effects. Maybe some of you guys should just keep your cars stock....the noise on mine is so minimal you only hear it when creeping through a parking lot over a little dip

Well if you've rocked cut springs before, you obviously don't care about much of anything. So to say people should leave there cars stock because a spring was rushed out for SEMA, for a car that prolly sits in a garage more than anything. Then come to find out people that actually drive their cars found a problem & are not happy, is a bit silly..

cut springs were like 13 years ago 16yrs old young and dumb on a ef sedan. they wernt that bad just didnt handle well

Road Magnet could have just said "good enough" but they have not and have given time-lines on fixes. I realize that they did not fit the first round for whatever reason and that replacement springs are not what we were all hoping to have to wait on, but the fact that she has come to this discussion and is trying to make sure we are all heard and telling us that they are working to fix the error is a really good sign.

Back