Security Cameras (Home Setups)

^^ That. It's crazy how bright a well placed IR light makes the feed. Paired with a decent camera it produces some pretty good footage.

You should look into an infrared light that is not right near your camera. Bugs/spiders are attracted, so if it’s at least a little ways from your cameras, you won’t have to worry about cleaning webs from your cameras. There are all different types and all different ratings for distance/brightness. It’s invisible light, so it’s not like a visible spotlight, but your camera will pick up the light. I’ve seen some where it basically looked like daytime on the camera feed, yet it can be pitch black where it’s recording.

Thats interesting. Not sure i want to go through all that trouble. Crime in this area isn't bad enough that I need it though. People here will only break into cars and garages if they're unlocked.

Picked up this for my sister a few days ago and installed it yesterday morning. Seems decent so far.

Picked up this for my sister a few days ago and installed it yesterday morning. Seems decent so far.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcd-GqCPLNE

I believe I posted one of this guys vids on cameras in this thread (or elsewhere), but he tested doorbells about a year ago and liked the eufy

I was just saying that was basically his fav out of the 4 he tested in that group.

all i have to say about the eufy is 6 month battery my ***, i get 1-3 weeks at best

I was just saying that was basically his fav out of the 4 he tested in that group.

Yeah I know :)

all i have to say about the eufy is 6 month battery my ***, i get 1-3 weeks at best

:eek: I'll ask my sister what her battery is down to now. It was around 95% or so when I put it on her door.

Do you get a lot of alerts from yours in a day?

He probably gets a good bit. My Ring doorbell did an update or something and it gets WAY more alerts (well not all of them notify me - IE: car driving by) even though I changed the zones to be closer to my house and not the street..

I'm fine with a neighbor walking their dog alert. But Oil truck driving by, bus driving by.... yeah I don't need those to record (it doesn't alert me).

I dont get a ton of alerts, but the doorbell is waking to check a lot of things and rule them out. In 4 days since last charge im at 55%, 3502 false events and 34 saved.

Its pretty good at only alerting me about real events, but weekly charging is annoying. I want to try to run a doorbell transformer wire down the wall and give it constant power

That’s essentially 37 alerts and hour? The thing must basically be alerting nonstop, no? Can you exclude some zones that are causing so many false alerts?

ive tried, but if i reduce the detection areas or sensitivity it then completely ignores when the mailman walks up to it

its also not alerting me 37 times an hour, but the camera is seeing something that wakes it up and it does a check of "is that a human" 37 times/hr

ive tried, but if i reduce the detection areas or sensitivity it then completely ignores when the mailman walks up to it

its also not alerting me 37 times an hour, but the camera is seeing something that wakes it up and it does a check of "is that a human" 37 times/hr

Wonder what it's seeing... Flag? Trees? Animals? Hmmm

I switched to this one last week. I'm trying to sell my Ring Doorbell 3 with extra battery.

I'll report back. I have it on all motion (not just the human motion setting). I setup a "zone" from my porch to the front sidewalk/part of the cars on the street. Sensitivity down from 3 (default) to 2. So far so good.
With my Ring Doorbell 3 I was getting about 4-6 weeks.

Back