Photos Show Us Your Window Tint Pics

Cant decide whether i wanna do 35% all around including windshield or 20% with 35% windshield. My last car was 5% all around with 50% windshield and that was horrible to see out of.
5 all around is pretty hard to see out of at night. Especially if you have to do much driving in reverse.

Well the Nazi State of Virginia..... Only allows 50% on my 2 doors, and 35% on the rear side windows. plus I'm getting the sunroof done. and leaving the rear window alone.
Will be getting it done tomorrow......Pic's to come.

Don't feel too bad. In CA it's 70% for the front! So I told my tinter do 50% on the front and 28% for the rest. Debating on my windshield right now.

Don't feel too bad. In CA it's 70% for the front! So I told my tinter do 50% on the front and 28% for the rest. Debating on my windshield right now.
I'm amazed at how many tinters will go against the written law for tinting. Everyone I've asked won't do it. Never offered to pay them more though, maybe that's it.

Monk Guess im keeping my MD plates since im at 35% all around on my si...and i just moved to VA too, But I have seen many cars pass Inspection with dark tint and drive around with dark tint as well, guess it depends who does your inspection..
I have been driving around for the last month with 35% all the way around here with no problems. Va actually has a Bill that passed in the House for lowering to 35% since all surrounding states allow 35%. Read more here http://hamptonroads.com/2011/02/virginia-house-oks-bill-allow-darker-window-tint

I'm amazed at how many tinters will go against the written law for tinting. Everyone I've asked won't do it. Never offered to pay them more though, maybe that's it.
If you call them they will definitely not say they will do it. I called multiple tint shops around my area and everyone said no. When I showed up in person with cash in hand they didn't think twice.

Every place around here gives you the warning first telling you what is legal and then do whatever you want. I'm guessing they think you'll come back to get it removed and then reapplied. Possibly more money for them in the end.

Every place around here gives you the warning first telling you what is legal and then do whatever you want. I'm guessing they think you'll come back to get it removed and then reapplied. Possibly more money for them in the end.

Yep. I'm sure they are required to tell the customers beforehand so the shop wouldn't get into trouble. The shop will do whatever you want and pay them for it they won't care. Not like the state issue tinting license. lol.

Last edited:

If it came down to it, id probably drive to a different state to get it done if thats what it took. I pretty much hated driving this car the first few weeks i had it because my windows werent tinted yet. You get used to it and after years and years lights in the mirror seem so much brighter without it.

Yea I've been hearing about that, BTW me and the wifey might be moving to the Hampton Roads Area, my parents live in Chesapeake off battlefield blvd,
Cool I live on the boarder of Chesapeake, VA beach, and Norfolk. Battlefield is right around the corner. Keep me updated on this maybe we can meet up.

50% front 35% Rear
Looks really drastic in the pictures, but doesn't look that different in real life. ?

pauly after.jpgweather.jpg ??ATTACH=full]10869[/ATTACH]

Last edited:
As promised, here are pictures of mine. 10% rear window, 35% rear and front sides.

IMG_20130220_075850_zpsc12f4104.jpg

IMG_20130220_075932_zps669ce3b3.jpg

IMG_20130220_080014_zps565822bb.jpg

IMG_20130220_080029_zpsd0a2909d.jpg

Here's the dot matrix at the top of the rear window. Bubbled right now. Only spot on the whole job that wasn't flawless.

IMG_20130220_075950_zps1940c34d.jpg

I'm very happy with how it turned out. The 10% back window gives the front windows the illusion that they are a lot darker than they are. Not too bad to see out of the back window at night.

Last edited:
I've never heard of a place not tinting below the legal limit...in numerous states. The last tint place asked what percent I wanted. I asked what was legal, and they showed me samples. When I wanted darker, they had me sign a document stating I understood what the legal limit was etc etc. I'm guessing that's to cover them in case I would get a tint ticket ....so I couldn't go after them.

It's like a store selling fireworks in a place where it's illegal. They can sell the stuff, but it's illegal to set them off in the state. You have to sign a piece of paper saying you're going to let them off outside the state.

For the record, When I got mine tinted they brought the subject up that they can't go below the limit line on frt, I even said that doesn't make since, my fold down shades go lower than that..........

For the record, When I got mine tinted they brought the subject up that they can't go below the limit line on frt, I even said that doesn't make since, my fold down shades go lower than that..........

Yeah, they're not the only shop in town. Mine didn't even mention anything about it and wanted to tint all of my windows at 28%. I said whoa... so I told them do 50% on the front and rest at 28%. It turned out nice. 70% here in CA but so far the cops hadn't bothered me with it.

my old ek was 20% but the guy that tinted it put a sticker in the corner with a 35% solar index (inside the tint)! helped me out multiple times with police!! "officer my tint is 35%, i think it even says it on the side" and boom. no tickets!

97 ek.JPG

my old ek was 20% but the guy that tinted it put a sticker in the corner with a 35% solar index (inside the tint)! helped me out multiple times with police!! "officer my tint is 35%, i think it even says it on the side" and boom. no tickets!

View attachment 10960

The way it works here is that if they think your windows are too dark they send you to a shop that has a meter to measure the amount of light that gets through the windows. You have to bring the reading to the police within a few days. You then either get the fine or you don't.

Back