Photos Show Us Your Window Tint Pics

The way it works here is that if they think your windows are too dark they send you to a shop that has a meter to measure the amount of light that gets through the windows. You have to bring the reading to the police within a few days. You then either get the fine or you don't.

in south carolina (were i lived up until 2012) the police had a little laser to test it. i would just play dumb and protest that i paid for 35%, legal was 27% ...... everytime they thought i was legit due to the sticker and figured it was installer error. told me to find a way to get the tint off and sent me on my way.

I wouldn't say it but when police say to do this or that, I feel like saying and could you start signaling, and not coasting thru stop signs, and not go over the speed limit when not on call, etc........... O that's right, perks of the job.......

Last edited:
I wouldn't say it but when police say to do this or that, I feel like saying and could you start signaling, and not coasting thru stop signs, and not go over the speed limit when not on call, etc........... O that's right, perks of the job.......

got to have perks!! :woowoo: i could never be a cop just because id abuse the hell out of my "lights"

20% in the 2 front windows 5% on the rest :D

2013-01-15164447.jpg

2013-01-15171504.jpg

35% All around except windshield. It looks nice and dark but as long as the sunroof visor is open you can see right in the car. Night visibility is perfectly fine (even when out in the boonies). We still find we need to dim the mirror when people are behind us with their lights on.
IMG_8196.jpg

DSC00017.jpg

Ever get pulled over for this? In my NJ town we have one officer known for seat belt tix, and another who specializes in tint. :(

Thanks =] If you don't mind me asking, what town is it with the dickhead cops?

I have never gotten pulled over and we travel a lot with the car. Usually the cops give me and my husband thumbs up or pull up next to us to compliment us

where in new jersey is this lmao. 3 weeks and all I've gotten is stares from cops basically saying "just give me a reason to pull you over, fat boy."

no the guy at the tint shop did it for me for free when i had the car back in to have the quarter window redone.
Somehow a hair got in between the glass and the tint when he did it originally and everyone that looked at the car managed to pick it out within 20 seconds.

The way it works here is that if they think your windows are too dark they send you to a shop that has a meter to measure the amount of light that gets through the windows. You have to bring the reading to the police within a few days. You then either get the fine or you don't.
Really? I didn't know that. I would assume that is for all of our province? What exactly is the law for Quebec anyway. My 35% must be okay. ???

Really? I didn't know that. I would assume that is for all of our province? What exactly is the law for Quebec anyway. My 35% must be okay. ???

Lol. Actually no. Quebec allows for 70% in the front which is pretty much stock.

http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/miscellany/tinting/index.php

It really doesn't seemed to be enforced. Here in Gatineau the only cars that get pulled over for tint are from Ontario. They seem to leave the residents alone. I'm guessing a police car is watching for me at the end of my street now that I've said that.

Ya, not enforced because i already got pulled over for speeding and she didn't say anything about my tint. i told her she was cute though and would let her handcuff me up anytime. Maybe that saved me. ?

Back