Sleepy checkin in......:woot new site

I wanna find out if i am able to use my mtn bike. I wanna start riding again and lose a bit of weight or tone my leg muscles

webmd says walking or light activity may help...

http://www.webmd.com/back-pain/tc/herniated-disc-topic-overview
http://www.webmd.com/back-pain/tc/herniated-disc-topic-overview?page=2

How is it treated?
Symptoms from a herniated disc usually get better in a few weeks or months. To help you recover:
  • Rest if you have severe pain. Otherwise, stay active. Staying in bed for more than 1 or 2 days can weaken your muscles and make the problem worse. Walking and other light activity may help.
  • Try using a heating pad on a low or medium setting for 15 to 20 minutes every 2 or 3 hours. Try a warm shower in place of one session with the heating pad. You can also buy single-use heat wraps that last up to 8 hours. You can also try an ice pack for 10 to 15 minutes every 2 to 3 hours.
  • Do the exercises that your doctor or physical therapist suggests. These will help keep your back muscles strong and prevent another injury.
  • Ask your doctor about medicine to treat your symptoms. Medicine won't cure a herniated disc, but it may help with pain and swelling.
page 2 - Don't smoke. Smoking increases the risk of a disc injury.
I know that's easier said than done, but I'd wait to talk to your dr about bike riding. I know it's low impact if you're on smooth ground, but you're also leaning way forward. That may not be good for your spine right now. It talks about posture when walking in that article.

Ok no riding, the way my bike is set up its lots of leaning forward. Trying my best to stay active cause it is really painful to stand up after sitting down to long. I stopped eating chips and popcorn and back to my tomatoes and lemons as snacks.

I strayed off into a new legon collection,tomorrow I will start building the millennium falcon.:woot:

So total randomness, I was gonna psot this in e dc thread........I had a message sent to my ex mistress that I wanted to speak to her. I guess my shanigans after we stopped speaking really got her upset asi still have not heard from her.

How did the move go?

interestinggggg :giggle:

It went well. Totally exhausted. 2 17' trucks worth of stuff moved. New place is nice. Only problem is you can hear the bird say and word from anywhere in this place...not to mention his shrieking SCREAMS which are meant to be heard by other sun conures 2 miles away :pat:

No one is allowed to park on the street here at the townhome. We had my parent's parked on the street because they had the 55gal fish tank plus huge stand and like 7 huge buckets of fish and water in there. The driveway is too small and at an incline so it would have been too difficult. We just finished getting everything in and our doorbell rings. It's the young couple across the street who just got home. We freaked thinking that we were in trouble for the truck being parked there for the short unloading period.

"Hi my name is Will *shakes hands* I just wanted to let you know that your neighbor next door is a b!tch. She's like the neighborhood tattler and if she complains to the HOA too many times you'll get fined. If you see our dogs they're friendly they might jump up on you (big dogs) but they don't bite. Welcome to the neighborhood!"

:rotfl: i :love: it

Oh awesome, I have a neighbor like that. I called her a dirty rat one time cause she was complaint to me about my cigarette smoke....she was gonna report me to strata... I handed her my phone and to,d her to call the. My sister has neighbors like that as well. Once I took her big dane out to go potty and I hear" excuse me, what is the problem here? ". I looked up at her and told her the only problem her not minding her own business.....everyone calls the man hitler and the woman super *****.

:rotfl: that's great.

She's an older woman who said she lives at home all day because she's disabled.

I had to take my parent's dog for a walk at 3am because he had to poop. He won't let anyone sleep when that happens LOL I only took him to the end of our yard where his pooping spot is. Well a cop was just around the corner and he basically pulled me over in the front yard :rotfl: Gave me and my younger brother a full 3rd degree wanting to know what I was doing "I said walking the dog, he needed to go out" then asking where I lived ...so I pointed over my shoulder to our house behind us. Asked again what I was doing out here. I said "The dog had to poop!!!!!" :rotfl: Asked how old I was...I told him I'm 21 and he's almost 18 (this was 3yrs ago..omg lmao). Finally after he stared us down for what seemed like 5 long minutes he said "Alright, have a good night" and drove off :rotfl:

Back