Squiggy's 2012 DBP II Si Coupe

Took the BIG modification step!!!!

flashpro_with_obd2_cable.jpg

That is a big step. Keep us updated!

Anybody know of a good FlashPro reference/resource to use other than Hondata's forums?

flashprotuning.com. I'm not sure if there are a lot of discussions on the 2012+ Si's though.

flashprotuning.com. I'm not sure if there are a lot of discussions on the 2012+ Si's though.

Thinking about playing around with it a bit myself before paying for a tune...need MOAR mods first!

I got my flash pro a couple days ago. I was going to play with mine some then decided against it. I'll start tuning with bit once my new intake gets here and I have time to put that and the dp on

Loaded the Reflash today. Car feels much better overall, but it reintroduced the jerkiness when releasing the accelerator of lightly pushing on it that the Full-Race exhaust virtually eliminated. Exhaust sounds a bit different, too. 3rd gear redline speed went from 70 to 75 mph.

Reactions: Nix
Is it jerkiness or is it now twitchy and on edge, ready to race? :vtec:

Could be ready to race, but I prefer it to be a bit smoother. It is alright for the time being. A proper tune is around the corner.

sorry i didnt get back to you i been so busy at work and home squiggy I dont see why it should be a problem if its just for interior speakers just make sure power wire is on on driver side and rca's are on the passenger side .

as for rca & speaker wires being close together just give them about 1-2 inch space and you should be fine ive done it like that plenty of times with no problems.

sorry i didnt get back to you i been so busy at work and home squiggy I dont see why it should be a problem if its just for interior speakers just make sure power wire is on on driver side and rca's are on the passenger side .

as for rca & speaker wires being close together just give them about 1-2 inch space and you should be fine ive done it like that plenty of times with no problems.

No problem, as you know the stereo install is a super slow project. Almost done, though!

NICE !!! keep me updated i would love to see the ending result ...

NICE !!! keep me updated i would love to see the ending result ...

Will do. I recently picked up an Axxess unit and an iPod control cable to add to the mix. So I am glad I don't actually have to rip the dash apart again. Pieces are in place, just not snapped in. I still haven't picked up replacement speakers for the front either and have to track down the cause of some white noise in the rears. It is either the speakers or the head unit. Shouldn't be the harness because the white noise was there when I was running everything through the factory amp and is still there after switching to the Pioneer amps. I hope it is the speakers and not the head unit. I don't want that hassle.

check all of your ground connections make sure its bare metal no paint at all under the screws and maybe just double check all wiring in the back of the radio if all is ok might have to put a ground loop isolator into the rca's that might help alot.

check all of your ground connections make sure its bare metal no paint at all under the screws and maybe just double check all wiring in the back of the radio if all is ok might have to put a ground loop isolator into the rca's that might help alot.

I sanded down the metal for the ground, but the white noise was there before adding the Pioneer amps. Connections have been checked may times. Speakers were previously hooked up to the Pioneer head unit and factory amp and did the same thing. Didn't do it in the front though. This is what leads me to believe it is the speakers or the head unit.

Last edited:
First post updated with new pics! Just cellphone pics in my driveway, though.

Back