stilletto's '11 Subaru WRX Sedan

From what I understand, it's due to a new lack of leverage since the shifter is actually shorter.

Short shifter is a bit of a misnomer. A short shifter/shift adapter strictly refers to the reduction in the travel distance of the shift (or throw). Too often people mistake the shifter height--or lack there of--and think of that as what qualifies a short shifter or they think a lowered height will reduce the throw. This IS NOT the case at all. Height is purely a preference due to many factors. What is more important is where the fulcrum is in relation to each end. This is what will determine throw distance. All a short shift adapter does is move the fulcrum point up the shifter to reduce the amount of movement (again throw) between each gear.

No misinterpretation here, just a dumbass move on my part. Appreciate the explanation though!

So.. been somehwhat active on the site for almost a month now, and just purchased a new car. ..but not a Honda.
Went to look at a few '13 Civic Si's this past Monday night, and ran across an '11 Subaru WRX Sedan that I couldn't pass up.
This thing's such a monster, but remains docile when needed. Sweet Daily Driver.
Regardless of Make/Model, I've taken a liking to this Forum, and plan on checking in and posting frequently.

I'm on this forum just about as much as wrx forums! Everyone here is very friendly and helpful. A lot of people on the wrx forums are total dikheads. It's also cool to see everyone's cars coming along!

I'm not sure how much my knob weighs. Never actually checked to see... I like it tho :)

Pulled the trigger on a Dr ColorChip kit.

Will write up a small review once it arrives.

Yeah, I'm sure if you take your time and actually fill the chip properly, it'll look good.
I'll also use some sort of rubbing/polish compound afterwards on certain areas.
Not too worried about the front bumper, because I plan on having the license plate bracket shaved.

9402_10100529021663385_1216393657_n.jpg

Installed my Flossy RedHead Heavy-Weight Shift Knob. Shifts like butter now, and weighing over a pound, it better.
Communication was great, shipping was fast, and the quality is top notch. Engraving isn't exactly center when the knob is tightened down, but that's probably due to the Shift Boot Retainer I had them press in. Nothing a small nut can't/won't fix. Love this thing.

atu9e6e9.jpg

Repaired the largest of paint chips, along with a few smaller ones, on my car today. Came out decent. Pretty much what I expected.
Went over this specific area three times, with each pass filling the chip a little more. I'm sure I could get it perfectly smooth if I went over it a few more times, and used a squeegee instead of my thumb, as suggested by instructions, but it's just too damn hot outside. As far as the smaller chips go, I couldn't even find them once I looked away. Pretty sweet.

8u7yby5e.jpg

Back