stilletto's Garage

New IE Intake Installed! ..about time.
85aed61bce2bcf50d0238393388af0cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dealing with consistent Suspension Faults lately.
Stupid Mag Ride requires an EDC Delete when replacing the factory suspension. I’ve got the, apparently crappy, KW Setup and it was fine for a bit but is now acting up. On top of having to trick the car with, what are essentially, overpriced resistors I’m now dealing with Leveling Sensor issues. Apparently if the car is too low it will screw with the Auto-Leveling Headlamps. I TRIED unhooking the Leveling Arms from the Control Arms and zip tying them into a neutral position but it ain’t working. I MIGHT be able to swap to another, more expensive but more reliable, kit and attempt a calibration at the dealership but it’s like a $500-600 gamble. Stuff like this really upsets me because of how over engineered everything is.

maybe it doesn't work ever, replace it with something that works.:excited::hatsoff::paper:

Sorry to hear that man! Definitely an inconvenience and you’re right over engineering. Honestly everything in these Audi’s are over engineered, I’ve seen people get a CEL or error code for an interior bulb :hyper:

Slowly learning to ignore the Suspension Fault. It honestly isn’t that big of a deal, I just don’t like seeing stuff on the dash. Only thing it does it prevent you from turning Traction Control off, but I can always cycle the ignition before running a quarter mile if need be.

It’s good to learn about and know ur car like that though. Keep going. Pull the engine out. Then put it back in.lol

It’s good to learn about and know ur car like that though. Keep going. Pull the engine out. Then put it back in.lol

No way! Haha! Just getting everything ready for the turbo swap and battery relocation. ..and headlight restoration. ..and intercooler upgrade. Ugh..

Progress is progress brotha! Just one step at a time and before you know it, you'll be enjoying your hard work.

The Wife bought me a Fat House Fab Battery Relocation kit for my birthday. This’ll let me relocate the battery to the trunk while utilizing an Evo X Fusible Link up front. Just waiting on wiring an a new Optima Red Top.
0ea2b93f0f94670c65aa5fa81a75a898.jpg

Do you just have to run a positive through the firewall and down the door sill area to the trunk, or what method do you use?

Do you just have to run a positive through the firewall and down the door sill area to the trunk, or what method do you use?

Yup. 1g Positive back to the trunk and a ground to some bare metal. Found some really need trays made specifically for Optimas too.

This took WAY longer than it should’ve. Still a bit sketched out with splicing the starter and alternator cables, but they seem solid. Just need to run a power cable back to the trunk now.
66159e6589cc87f57c7d1cbf4e210981.jpg

3c9011ad7e39c94f1cc92bfa6b665a47.jpg

1a75253c1ff1f2c25d6adc3d49fb7e95.jpg

Back