stilletto's Thread ..again

How high did you have the boost?

Cobb Stage 2. ~17.5psi if I'm not mistaken.

It's not so much the boost that's the issue, it's the torque. The older five speed was a split case design and it couldn't take the added power. The case would literally flex and cause teeth on the gears to shear off.
There were a few "fixes", but nothing substantial. The only real solution is an STI Swap, but it's costly compared to older generations. The newer six speeds seem to be alright, but then again, the FA20's reliability is questionable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gotcha. I know deathroll has said he didn't like stage2 on the older wrx for ringland failure.

EJ's experience ringland failure in stock form. You drive a Subaru, you take a chance.

Reactions: Nix
I think @bootyluvr has been playing that game with several "warranty" fixes.

GTI is looking good though. What's the possible power/hp when you get the new DP in?

..What's the possible power/hp when you get the new DP in?
Forum numbers have been pretty consistent with what APR claims on their site. That instant torque is insane.
03a23aacb46d11a6baf2ae2396309b36.png

Reactions: Nix
Ordered a new Intercooler and Piping for the Talon. I've got a week off this month, so once the garage is thoroughly cleaned, and my new door opener is installed, I'll get to work.

Think we're trading my wife's **** box for a Civic Hatchback. I'm trying to talk her into learning stick, but I doubt it's gonna happen.

Out of idle curiosity, how's your fuel economy with the tune? Before the tune?
Obviously, the weight of your foot on the go pedal has a lot to do with it, but I'm considering adding a GTI to my fleet (probably a DSG car) and wondering how much of a hit I'll take.
Bear in mind, driven gingerly, I can average over 38MPG per tank of fuel on my 2014 FB6.

Out of idle curiosity, how's your fuel economy with the tune? Before the tune?
Obviously, the weight of your foot on the go pedal has a lot to do with it, but I'm considering adding a GTI to my fleet (probably a DSG car) and wondering how much of a hit I'll take.
Bear in mind, driven gingerly, I can average over 38MPG per tank of fuel on my 2014 FB6.

I've flirted with 40mpg PRETUNE but I'm averaging 33-35mpg now Stage 2. These are obviously highway numbers. I'm sure I could squeeze some more out of it, but it's hard staying out of boost when you're able to throw down almost 400wtq before 2k RPM.

I've flirted with 40mpg PRETUNE but I'm averaging 33-35mpg now Stage 2.

Impressive. Were you ever running just a stage one APR tune? What was that like?
Stage two only requires the addition of a downpipe, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back