stormCIVIC fg3

1244371_10201082910012697_1718961458_o.jpg

@Nix @323 @bobshur @Pauly99to17 @webby @VNPP @KennyGS @AlienPrime @Dar-Dar @MrsJrotax101 @FB2Chris
I want some feedback. what do you guys think about the new roof rack? do you love it? do you hate it?
I like it,it shows the practicality of the civic,even in the "hated coupe" model,its a high quality rack and has multiple uses,the boat( as I call it) was extremely safe and tight and it did no harm to the body or car.i would never get on one of those( there is fish in that water), but it really stuck out,you got screwed not getting a pic on importatlanta,but that's for another day....one thing for sure,your car is always very clean...

If I had a car like that when I was your age,I'd probably have all kind of kids roaming the streets of Ohio,I drove beaters then.....LOL.

Man I thought I'd never get a tow hook,but they really grew on me at the last we hungry meet,something about it,maybe seeing alot of them and seeing the password jdm model in black did me in,so my final 3 mods for the year are on there way,jdm password tow hook,lamin-x smoked tint for rear lights ) changing all rear lights to silverstar (bought yesterday)and just ordered my strut tower. Get it powder coated gloss black and then get Brian( hint,hint) to take me to the big coke wall and snap some pics, and maybe go for ride of the month in October,Brian you get the hint......
Regarding tow hook : (will keep my haterade to my self)

which tower bar??? how the heck you even get it on?

Last edited:
I like it,it shows the practicality of the civic,even in the "hated coupe" model,its a high quality rack and has multiple uses,the boat( as I call it) was extremely safe and tight and it did no harm to the body or car.i would never get on one of those( there is fish in that water), but it really stuck out,you got screwed not getting a pic on importatlanta,but that's for another day....one thing for sure,your car is always very clean...
thanks man means a lot.

I like it, only if you actually use it.
I think having a roof rack just for looks is stupid, but I'm glad you're putting it to good use.
I use it all the time. im a very dedicated cyclist. I ride somedays 66 miles in 4 hours and on average in a week I ride over 150miles. so I transport my bike. my kayak. I bought the kayak before the rack. and I ended up having no choice but to get a rack. and yeah its stupid you see nice roof racks on cars that never get used.

Rack is fine.. Sorry to say, or be one the non-positive people; but get rid of that front plate and the tow hook.......just heading down ricer alley IMO.

Glad to see the type R came off.

Just out of curiosity how much have did you spend on everything?
and I understand the ricer alley thing. but I love my front tag. it was one of the first things I got on it. but ill be getting something new soon anyway. and yeah I got tierd of the dumb hate coming from the type r badges so I removed those. and just a tip if you buy a Yakima roof rack. buy from amazon. its always on sale. got it all for $600.
kayak- $200
kayak paddle- $50
58in crossbars- $70
q towers- $135
q99 clips- $54
hullraiser kayak mount- $91
44in fairing- $68

and I understand the ricer alley thing. but I love my front tag. it was one of the first things I got on it. but ill be getting something new soon anyway. and yeah I got tierd of the dumb hate coming from the type r badges so I removed those. and just a tip if you buy a Yakima roof rack. buy from amazon. its always on sale. got it all for $600.
kayak- $200
kayak paddle- $50
58in crossbars- $70
q towers- $135
q99 clips- $54
hullraiser kayak mount- $91
44in fairing- $68
I meant all the non roof rack mods..:D

Man I thought I'd never get a tow hook,but they really grew on me at the last we hungry meet,something about it,maybe seeing alot of them and seeing the password jdm model in black did me in,so my final 3 mods for the year are on there way,jdm password tow hook,lamin-x smoked tint for rear lights ) changing all rear lights to silverstar (bought yesterday)and just ordered my strut tower. Get it powder coated gloss black and then get Brian( hint,hint) to take me to the big coke wall and snap some pics, and maybe go for ride of the month in October,Brian you get the hint......
haha I got somewhere better than the coke wall. I can still take you to the coke wall. but the rotm pics I got with the dam in the background is the place to go.

photobucket-3772-1318102663835.jpg

photobucket-3611-1317693899694.jpg

could you do me a favor? could you measure the length between the crossbars. pretty much how far apart they are from each other. I have a kayak and am wondering if it will work on the roof rack im going to buy soon without having to get an extended spread kit.
stormCIVIC, Aug 6, 2013
@Nix @323 @bobshur @Pauly99to17 @webby @VNPP @KennyGS @AlienPrime @Dar-Dar @MrsJrotax101 @FB2Chris

by the way guys. it really wasn't a lot of hype. its been on the site since august 6, 2013. I didn't tell you but I figured maybe one of the admins or people from the bike rack thread would have exposed me. but they didn't. I clearly said in the posting above. im getting a roof rack soon. haha. and to be exact. @webby was the only one to get it right.
rally roof rack
proof right there. haha

I hyped it up for myself!! Lmao
And the rack looks really good IMO. Its not my style, but i love alot of the standout themes people go for with their cars on here, and i love looking at yours! My car is definitely not flashy, (blacked out) but i really admire how your car is coming along!

..... and one day when you do some subaru/rally/AWD conversion I'll tell everyone I TOLD YOU SO!!!! Haha

I hyped it up for myself!! Lmao
And the rack looks really good IMO. Its not my style, but i love alot of the standout themes people go for with their cars on here, and i love looking at yours! My car is definitely not flashy, (blacked out) but i really admire how your car is coming along!

..... and one day when you do some subaru/rally/AWD conversion I'll tell everyone I TOLD YOU SO!!!! Haha
hahah thanks man. and yeah.....maybe.

If you love it, do it. Besides it's nice to see someone using their car for normal life activities and not just slamming/hard parking it or taking it to the track/strip. It's a very versatile car. Definitely a different route than most take.

That said I actually kinda like the overall look. Hahaha also, love the reflection shot of you in the front bumper!

If you love it, do it. Besides it's nice to see someone using their car for normal life activities and not just slamming/hard parking it or taking it to the track/strip. It's a very versatile car. Definitely a different route than most take.

That said I actually kinda like the overall look. Hahaha also, love the reflection shot of you in the front bumper!
You know alot of people were looking at it at the meet,and it was 100 percent positive,it looks real good,I was amazed how well it was built,and how tight it held it.it just shows how versatile these cars are.man your car is really shining too.I want to go to the coke wall because we have some coke stuff in our great room,and I can find a way to put a nice big fat picture in there with the "coke" theme....lol plus its very cool.There is a big royal crown cola wall like that in a building back home in Ohio that's cool too,I believe it was done in the 50's. when I go back with my car some day I'm going to get a pic in front of it too.

Back