Sunofwolf Stock Tuning with Hondata!

this Hondata is still in Business, there is no base tune loaded. Ok it poped up to reflash! Which one is best for a stock si 2013? Looks like the stock tuned with 6000rpm Launch limit-what will this tune do? Is it safe to run? Do you have to lock the ecu to load the base maps-I can't seem to load them?

Last edited:
The help pages on the FlashPro manager are pretty good and It's pretty straightforward to boot. You pretty much just select the tune you want and upload it to the unit. Then take the unit to your car and hit the program button.

this Hondata is still in Business, there is no base tune loaded. Ok it poped up to reflash! Which one is best for a stock si 2013? Looks like the stock tuned with 6000rpm Launch limit-what will this tune do? Is it safe to run? Do you have to lock the ecu to load the base maps-I can't seem to load them?
Looks like I loaded the map with the stock tuned with 6000 launch limit. Well lets try it out-Oh maybe I have to lock the ECU first using the desktop Ug- is that right?

Is it locked to your vehicle yet?
No- I guess I have to bring my desktop out to the car to lock the ecu then I can load the base map Is that right? Will the base map do anything to help the car like maybe fix the shifter lag? the stock reflash is a bit different then the 6000 launch flash. I just load the stock reflash non carb.

Last edited:
No- I guess I have to bring my desktop out to the car to lock the ecu then I can load the base map Is that right? Will the base map do anything to help the car like maybe fix the shifter lag?
Nope. Desktop doesn't need to come outside.

Yes, base map gets rid of the Rev hang and also will give you a touch higher redline.

Check out the help section. I swear it'll answer most of the questions you have. I'm able to answer the questions solely because I read the help section. Lots of good info there on how tuning works.

Where does the stock tune go-is it saved by Hondata. I did notice that redline Higher, if it gets rid of rev hang that's good. The info says you must lock the car to load tune that means bring desk top to car first time.

Last edited:
Where does the stock tune go-is it saved by Hondata. I did notice that redline Higher, if it gets rid of rev hang that's good. The info says you must lock the car to load tune that means bring desk top to car first time.
No, that's not what it means. You can lock it to the car by plugging it into the OBD port even without a laptop.

Seriously man, the instructions do wonders. I'm telling you, most of your questions will be answered within the first couple pages.

You can turn traction control totally off -it won't work if you set it at 9,000rpm making CA tnps sensor all ways off no matter if the light is on or not, a piece of black tape can fix the light problem. My srt-4 has had the check engine light on almost all ways fixed by a penny's worth of black tape.
very useful for aftermarket wheels-people who don't want to use tnps sensors:turbobananapoke: take that EPA:rotfl:

Last edited:
It is race season he might be busy you can take your car to a local tooner and pay him to set everything up and pay to tune it on a dyno.

there is only one dyno tuner and he is a crook, I need a cheap email tuner. The other guy wants $400 hardly cheap. I keep looking. It looks like I can run a stock canned tune and fix a few thing's like shifter lag. I discovered My old Diablosport might still work, they upgraded the computer problems software and it may work with a new power cord I just ordered-I have a excellent 93 tune and a 91 tune and a 96 tune too for the srt-4, when running the 93 it worked excellent. I am nervous about the Hondata because of the air/ fuel ratio, I don't have a A/F gauge when I was tuni:hyper:ng the srt-4 I could have ruined the engine by going to lean- that was because the tune was off and my fuel pump was defective.

I am going by his web site, I noticed it was $350 just a few weeks ago.

That is Dyno tuning. Not only is using a dynamometer expensive but also his full time is plugged to you vehicle. It should be around 150 or 200.

Oh, well it said tuning, I am not sure what he charges. I guess, I will call them again and find out. It looked like $200 to redo, if you had a full etuning already. I am going to load the reflash and see what that does-should get rid of that awful rev hang. It's basically a video game but with a real engine at risk.

Just do the reflash and wait to fully tune that way you are not spending a butt load of money on just tuning.

that's what I am doing, but I saw there is a tune of a PRL intake 3.5 inch maybe I start there, I want to add a 3" catted down pipe and 3" exhaust too then tune the car that's about all I was thinking of doing other than a 24 mm rear sway bar and maybe a fancy shifter. Going for a turbo is just too much dough. I am still looking for a tuner that isn't so busy.:popcorn:

Back