Tail Of The Dragon VII 2018

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
We do not have a specific date created for a 2018 meet yet. A few people have asked if a date had been set aside for this year. I wanted to create this thread and see who is serious about having a meet this year, and what date would work for them. We've historically done it from a thursday-sunday, but people come and go depending on their schedule.

I'm starting this thread to see what works for people, and if people would like to plan a trip.

[USERGROUP=2]@Registered[/USERGROUP] [USERGROUP=10]@Registered 31+[/USERGROUP] please reply here with your availability and interest.

For the uninformed, the meet centers around driving the Tail of the Dragon in Tennessee / North Carolina. It's a winding U.S. highway centered in the smoky mountains and features 318 turns in 11 miles. More information is here http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K16YnmJN0fc

Nothing that I know of. @Bruce Bartlow and I talked about September back at the end of the year. I'll be in Hawaii in September now as I've heard nothing and the gf wanted me to go to HI with her.

• Staff
bruce had sent me a pm recently asking about details/dates. Were you considering doing a drive to the dragon or flying out there and renting a car?

ill be in texas this year :sadwavey: maybe next year if this ends up being a 1 year contract

I'm available anytime, as long as I have an advanced notice to request the day off I'm free. Does anyone know where this potential meet might be?

As of now I'm not planning on attending. I requested time off (and it was approved) but I won't be taking the '15 Accord down to the Dragon. I am not in a rush to purchase a "fun/weekend" vehicle..

bruce had sent me a pm recently asking about details/dates. Were you considering doing a drive to the dragon or flying out there and renting a car?

I was gonna drive and meet Bruce somewhere in Colorado or so. That’s what we talked about at least

• Staff
I'm available anytime, as long as I have an advanced notice to request the day off I'm free. Does anyone know where this potential meet might be?
It’s at the tail of the dragon, which is a stretch of road along the North Carolina/Tennessee boarder.

As of now I'm not planning on attending. I requested time off (and it was approved) but I won't be taking the '15 Accord down to the Dragon. I am not in a rush to purchase a "fun/weekend" vehicle..

the accord can handle the dragon just fine

Since I joined the forum I have wanted to go. Every year though something comes up and I say next year. Well this year... is not that year either what with my daughter being born and all. So again I will say, I hope next year I can make it.

You went at least one time with the Koni suspension too, didn’t you?

koni, camber kit, wider tires, and bigger brakes, made a massive difference, but just sway bars made the car pretty predictable from those pics

Stock Suspension. Automatic.... No thanks.

Sorry. Just not feeling it this year. Maybe next year.

I took the 2013 Accod Sport out there with just a sway bar....lots of fun was had. Paddle shifting all weekend long, lol

Back