Photos THE Plasti-Dip Pics Thread :D

Plan on doing my emblems, chrome pieces and the civic emblem. It it easier just to take off the civic emblem and spray it?

For the front/back chrome pieces, how do those come off?

Also this plastic piece on the steering wheel I put red dots on.. What is this piece called.

gxi9CGT.jpg

Last edited:
Plan on doing my emblems, chrome pieces and the civic emblem. It it easier just to take off the civic emblem and spray it?

For the front/back chrome pieces, how do those come off?

Also this plastic piece on the steering wheel I put red dots on.. What is this piece called.

gxi9CGT.jpg

For the chrome and the badges I just taped around them with painters tape. Others have taken them off. Explanations of both are in the thread I believe.

Good luck and post pictures on how it turns out.

Alright cool, I'll figure out something when I go get the plasti-dip and painters tape

i wouldnt use dip on the high traffic areas of the steering wheel because it would probably get peeled up. also i know i wouldnt be happy with the finish. but its your call :)

Reactions: Nix
i wouldnt use dip on the high traffic areas of the steering wheel because it would probably get peeled up. also i know i wouldnt be happy with the finish. but its your call :)

Only reason I asked cause I wanted to put CF pieces there. I don't wanna plasti dip those pieces.

those are replacement pieces.

Last edited:
those are replacement pieces. pm @david518 and he can hook you up, i spoke with him a while back about it.
Ah gotcha, Just went through the thread and its legit CF pieces. In the 9th Gen, those CF looking pieces around the head unit etc... Those true CF or fakes?

? The 2013 oem dash pieces around the radio and stuff? That is not real carbon fiber. It's just plastic pieces made to look like carbon.

Alright, I shall replace those pieces too. Gotta make it look legit. Still looks cool from factory

Back