The rant thread

Just watched a video on that. Insane to see the stuff people are getting away with.

I saw a video the other day where the Mayor of LA basically told people to stay away from the entire county because their safety would be in jeopardy

I saw a video the other day where the Mayor of LA basically told people to stay away from the entire county because their safety would be in jeopardy

So should the train companies hire security?

Work Related

* Shared PC's at work at various sites I support that the hard drives (SSD's) fill up with literally 0MB free space thus users can't log into them. I have to backdoor it to delete some files so I can even log into it.

Co-workers in another unit have been "working" on a solution to automatically delete/cleanup old profiles for years... This has been on-going since we had Win7 with 180GB SSD's.. Now we have 256GB SSD's/M.2 drives and still having the issue..

/rant

I'm not smart enough to weigh in on this

Basically hard drives fill up. Users can't log in. I have to backdoor it to get into the PC. Delete old profiles manually. Then users are good to log in.
Co-workers are "working" on a solution/fix for the last 3 years so this doesn't happen..

Basically hard drives fill up. Users can't log in. I have to backdoor it to get into the PC. Delete old profiles manually. Then users are good to log in.
Co-workers are "working" on a solution/fix for the last 3 years so this doesn't happen..

Tell the people that "have been working" on the solution to go out and fix the PCs so you don't have to deal with that BS. I bet they will figure out the "solution" real quick.

Gotcha!

Sounds like we have the same IT team.. we have had someone come out to our shop for various updates/ performance upgrades and it's steadily gotten worse.

Lately he came out and mounted up some hardware to better organize our IT closet

Tell the people that "have been working" on the solution to go out and fix the PCs so you don't have to deal with that BS. I bet they will figure out the "solution" real quick.
Fortunately I am able to fix the issue remotely but still time consuming going through 200+ profiles.

Work Related

* Shared PC's at work at various sites I support that the hard drives (SSD's) fill up with literally 0MB free space thus users can't log into them. I have to backdoor it to delete some files so I can even log into it.

Co-workers in another unit have been "working" on a solution to automatically delete/cleanup old profiles for years... This has been on-going since we had Win7 with 180GB SSD's.. Now we have 256GB SSD's/M.2 drives and still having the issue..

/rant
can you back door into them and see if they have google earth on any of the machines? (see 1st reply)
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-profile/fdd1e569-6887-49a9-bd4c-627590f12842

30 day free trial that could also help in pinpointing the issue
https://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free?ca=1

can you back door into them and see if they have google earth on any of the machines? (see 1st reply)
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-profile/fdd1e569-6887-49a9-bd4c-627590f12842

30 day free trial that could also help in pinpointing the issue
https://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free?ca=1

No Google Earth.

and sorry but lol at the software... We only can download/install software that's available in SCCM.. If it's not in there we can't install it. Well very few instances where they allow us to install software using our elevated credentials which is tracked.

When equipment has been damaged in a Public Lab and no one knows how it happened... :unamusedpopcorn:

20220907_101828.jpg

One of the guys in my group has decided to retire because of a change in pension rate schedules. They’re screwing folks over with the pension change. This guys apt to lose $215k if he doesn’t retire this year.

That means I get to pick up his scope of work in November…Also means I have to train up to do airplane certification. More training and more responsibility…

One of the guys in my group has decided to retire because of a change in pension rate schedules. They’re screwing folks over with the pension change. This guys apt to lose $215k if he doesn’t retire this year.

That means I get to pick up his scope of work in November…Also means I have to train up to do airplane certification. More training and more responsibility…

They probably agreed to your raise since they knew he was going to be retiring this year..

Sounds like a another bump in pay!

Back