Turbo+ AWD!!!!!

I got tires! Same ones as Ken but not as wide lol

Picked them up from a buddy before I got to the gym. :)

I bet it was those stupid nitto pop up ads on NAZIOC that convinced you :D

Just reserved my spot for the first BRZ my dealer is getting, a grey premium 6MT.

You get pop ups? Please tell me you are not using IE.

Google chrome, the nitto add would pop up in OT and other subforms as a thread whenever you would go there, eventually people made fun of it and got points or TO'ed

I'm hoping they will last me close to 15K. They seem to be doing better so far.

My last set of GY Eagle F1 runflats were gone before 10K. The front were worn to the cord on the inside edges. The back were down to the wear indicator.

Even though the car will tear thru tires quickly, especially the rears, I still prefer to drive it on twisties, and go easy on the throttle.
That's not bad at all. My current auto-x tires (dunlop Sport SP1) will be lucky to reach 2k miles, more than likely 800 miles. They are going down quickly

ah, I misunderstood. I guess I thought you were saying they were talking trash about it.

1300 to 1600 without taxes, but that's if no other problems come up....

That's ridiculous, I would do it for 1/4 that much, clutches on fwd cars aren't very labor intensive (subarus on the other hand :ohnoes: )

That's not bad at all. My current auto-x tires (dunlop Sport SP1) will be lucky to reach 2k miles, more than likely 800 miles. They are going down quickly

How are the DWS holding up? Mine are wearing very odd, 4/32 in the middle but still 7/32 on the inside and outside.

death_roll, post: 60284 said: <br />That's ridiculous, I would do it for 1/4 that much, clutches on fwd cars aren't very labor intensive (subarus on the other hand :ohnoes: )
<br /><br />You free on the weekends in let's say a few weeks.....lol
Exedy OEM clutch kit on Amazon is 120. Then labor. Plus rental. KHC10 part number

I bought a aluminum quick lift racing jack (3.5 pulls for full extension... which is awesome) and a Craftsman battery powered impact wrench. I already have a spare set of wheels in the garage, so all I'll need now is some sticky tires.

My next event is at Devens airstrip in MA. will be something like this:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VbKoxIXmUY

How are the DWS holding up? Mine are wearing very odd, 4/32 in the middle but still 7/32 on the inside and outside.
Mine have even wear, even though I auto-x'd with them on for two events. Right after the events, they were looking a but scraped up, but that wore off and the tire is smooth/normal looking again. I know I took a bunch of life off the tire though.

The uneven wear sounds like too much air pressure.

I run my tires at 40 when I am on the auto-x (the performance setting). Granted the tires aren't going to last the way I drive doing that anyway :giggle:

I had my DWS set at 35 (IIRC)

I realized something this morning, actually I had a revelation.

I just don't care as much anymore. About cars that is. I love mine, I still have projects planned for it (mostly so I don't begin to hate it over time) and it's not going anywhere any time soon but I just don't care as much. Anymore, I'm in this scene for thr social aspect. I've made some good friends from it but aside from that, this car is nothing more than a quick, good looking, form of transportation.

If I get a truck it's just going to be the good looking utility vehicle that I need.

I'm more interested in losing my tank ***, and doing fun stuff with Shawn that doesn't revolve around cars, helping him work on his car, and studying so I can make more money.

Sorry for the randomness. I still love cars but I just don't care as much anymore.

Being 36 bites donkey dong. :(

I realized something this morning, actually I had a revelation.

I just don't care as much anymore. About cars that is. I love mine, I still have projects planned for it (mostly so I don't begin to hate it over time) and it's not going anywhere any time soon but I just don't care as much. Anymore, I'm in this scene for thr social aspect. I've made some good friends from it but aside from that, this car is nothing more than a quick, good looking, form of transportation.

If I get a truck it's just going to be the good looking utility vehicle that I need.

I'm more interested in losing my tank ***, and doing fun stuff with Shawn that doesn't revolve around cars, helping him work on his car, and studying so I can make more money.

Sorry for the randomness. I still love cars but I just don't care as much anymore.

Being 36 bites donkey dong. :(

Now you kinda see how things are for me, well except the boyfriend part, I still like cars but modding and being part of the dick swinging contests thats involved with them is getting old. I just wanna move forward with life and have a car I can get in and drive and not have to worry about tuning issues/boost leaks/knock/or clutch issues. Maybe I'll do a few auto x events to have some fun, I doubt I'll be modding the brz much except for tires and brakes.

Back