Turbo+ AWD!!!!!

hmmmmm, well with Scion, it's either Argento or Asphalt. Depending on if he went with the charcoal or traditional silver.

I don't think I'll dislike the BRZ, but I've given thought to another legacy GT, however I'd do it right and get a spec B this time. The RX8 is the only car I wouldn't give second thought to buying once again if I didn't have a long commute to work, only if it's an R3 model though.

what color did you orders?? zeh WRB?

I ordered a hot lava 6spd FRS for my dealer a few months back. supposed to get it in my beginning of May allocation :spaz:

Yep, dark grey metallic; I think it looks great on the current WRXs, and blue will be too played out (sorry Jeffffaaaaaafafafafa :D) although the darker galaxy blue is really nice, it's like the blue on the later 8th gen Sis (Greg Porter's cars color)

Nate's ex-Sti

IMG_1606.jpg

I just want coils and wheels/tires. Car is stout otherwise,

I forgot to say that I saw my old SI the other day being driven by it's new owner. I whopped his *** in the Corolla. He clearly cannot drive the car yet. I freaking love having a Corolla with a little punch, no one expect it. 'Tis awesome.

Only bad part is the motors have such a high compression ratio (12:1) that they're recommended to only run NA. Oh well, like I said I think I'll just do little stuff and make it look good.

Weren't there a few turbo kits out for the celica gts? I can't see how well it would take to boost, just like the brz is gonna be difficult with it. I can't wait to tackle the dragon with the brz, finally gonna experience an agile lightweight car on the dragon, I still imagine if I kept the RX8.

Sadly I was informed by Nate a week ago that he won't make the dragon, he started a new job and would rather go play in the woods for his vacation. But he should be getting a WRX again this year.

Weren't there a few turbo kits out for the celica gts? I can't see how well it would take to boost, just like the brz is gonna be difficult with it. I can't wait to tackle the dragon with the brz, finally gonna experience an agile lightweight car on the dragon, I still imagine if I kept the RX8.

Sadly I was informed by Nate a week ago that he won't make the dragon, he started a new job and would rather go play in the woods for his vacation. But he should be getting a WRX again this year.

Yeah, it's all good tho, I've got a CAI, with a header/exhaust/tune, the car runs mid 13s, which is funny for a Corolla and it's only 2700lbs, so it'll be fun. They do make a supercharger kit for the celica and a few turbo kits, but everything i've read says don't run them and to keep the car NA.

I think it was the 2nd 8th dragon meet?... when there was a RX8 forum down there at the same time. There were some pretty decent looking/sounding cars there

Well isn't this interesting. I'm reading about the FR-S in a little booklet I got from Scion, one of the "Advantages" over the BR-Z is the FR-S is almost 1/2 second faster to sixty than the BR-Z. I still can't figure out why, but after researching, it's true.

Ah HA!

"Sixty miles per hour is reached in 6.6 seconds (6.3 seconds with one foot of rollout like on a drag strip), and the quarter-mile in 14.8 seconds at 93.8 mph. Yes, this result is notably quicker and faster than the BRZ, which did those deeds in 7.3, 7.0, and 15.3 seconds at 92.1, respectively. What's going on?
The data reveals that the BRZ actually accelerated quicker initially, but at 19 mph the Subaru laid over a bit and the Scion powered ahead and never looked back. The explanation is equal parts launch technique and gearchange speed. The Scion's tire-spinning launch allowed it power through the 4000-rpm torque hole we observed in our dyno testing where the Subaru bogged down briefly. Plus, our BRZ tester was plagued with a finicky 1-2 gearchange which ate up precious time en route to 60 mph."

Wow... I missed a lot of convo. My cliffnote comments:

Yay for Nate getting another WRX, boo for no dragon!

Jason- DGM is teh sex0rs! Can't wait to see it. I was the same way waiting for my WRX. I factory ordered it and waited two months for it. Sucked.

JoshFTW- good reason not to factory order. I'd imagine the bells and whistles of the BRZ weigh it down? Who knows.

Dawn- PCV is cheap, yes, but I just learned that my car doesn't have a PCV. What we were looking at Saturday is just a breather tube. It isn't removable and doesn't function the same. I'm going to pull off the valve cover to replace the gasket and check to see if it is gummed up at that time. I will probably throw a catch can on pretty soon too. Hopefully that addresses the oil issue, nice and simple... let's hope.

Nathan- Awesome on the new parts! What did you go with for suspension? Sounds like a fun weekend of installs.

I ordered my ball joints and tie rods last night along with the valve cover gasket and bushings. Hopefully they will come in Friday and I can start the work. Need to order some tranny fluid and I will done with phaze one. I am also ordering a Wideband AFR gauge... running rich, which isn't abnormal at all these cars, but I can't tell how rich, so going to go ahead and get one. I think I'm going to go for the AEM Uego. Down the road when I get to a new EMS, it will pay off to spend the money on that one then. I did a lot of reading on the car last night... blows my mind how incredibly simplistic these cars were back in the day, but it goes to show just how much room for improvement there is in the car. Knowing only the WRX before this, it's a whole new thing. I will definitely be installing some sort of EMS to override this crappy stock ECU that came with it. No tuning ability at all, and the piggyback market isn't great.

Back