Turbo+ AWD!!!!!

WRXs are meh, I find understeer to be boring

on that note, should be another 3 weeks or so until it arrives!! :excited:

you might think WRXs are meh just like I think BRZs are meh but everyone has different opinions. :D :wave:

I'd rather have my WRX than a Hyundai Genesis looking thing.

My hypothesis is that everyone who bashes this car or simply says it's "meh" never drove a car like this or something similar (RX8 , Miata, S2K, ae86). Something you actually have to drive to get the most out of it, not fling it into a corner and let the awd and boost take care of the rest. The ones who quickly dismiss it for having only 200hp and being slow (despite never driving one) are ones who probably own or have owned one or several WRXs and resent Subaru for not giving it a WRX powertrain.

Jeff is expressing his lack of interest in a mature way, I'm awaiting what will happen if I take the brz to local meets and have to deal with the constant barrage of ignorant, gutter trash import kiddies with clapped out bugeyes, 240s, and dsms that will treat me like a 2nd class citizen because I bought a slow non turbo chick car. I'm glad I decided to leave the local scene and not have to deal with that kidde bs anymore. That's probably why I don't plan on going to the oc awd meet or wicked big meet either.

Jeff is expressing his lack of interest in a mature way, I'm awaiting what will happen if I take the brz to local meets and have to deal with the constant barrage of ignorant, gutter trash import kiddies with clapped out bugeyes, 240s, and dsms that will treat me like a 2nd class citizen because I bought a slow non turbo chick car. I'm glad I decided to leave the local scene and not have to deal with that kidde bs anymore. That's probably why I don't plan on going to the oc awd meet or wicked big meet either.
If you show at WBM with the B, you'll be very popular. The CT people I know are very interested in it

I'll see, OC is definitely a nono for me, esp with no one going and all the stuff going on that weekend.

Jason, I certainly have an appreciation for that car! I think they're great! The only problem is getting it fast to hit a corner fast, but that's not what everything is about. I was very happy to see Toyota get back in the game and finally put together a fun RWD car again. I won't be doing OC either... and get annoyed with the local crowd, until I started going to the autocrosses. It's nice to be around people who actually have a purpose for the things they do to thier cars. Even though I'm behind on it, I feel like my decisions with cars match others... I refuse to do something to it just to keep up with the cool kids.

On a side note, are you guys doing the Dragon this year? I've got to get up to help my mom with some stuff next month, but am only taking a long weekend so that I can go later in the summer with everyone. What's the plan... crash in on 8th again?

Jason, I certainly have an appreciation for that car! I think they're great! The only problem is getting it fast to hit a corner fast, but that's not what everything is about. I was very happy to see Toyota get back in the game and finally put together a fun RWD car again. I won't be doing OC either... and get annoyed with the local crowd, until I started going to the autocrosses. It's nice to be around people who actually have a purpose for the things they do to thier cars. Even though I'm behind on it, I feel like my decisions with cars match others... I refuse to do something to it just to keep up with the cool kids.

On a side note, are you guys doing the Dragon this year? I've got to get up to help my mom with some stuff next month, but am only taking a long weekend so that I can go later in the summer with everyone. What's the plan... crash in on 8th again?

doood there's a whole thread section on 9th to the dragon meet, we're doing a 9th meet the week after the 8th meet, hopefully you and josh/joshcan make it with the mr2 & corolla & sti

Im buying the brz for my driving enjoyment, not to impress the awd fanbois, I suspect that I'll get a lot of criticism and ridicule from the locals but I've pretty much stopped going to the local stuff because theyre mostly dumb kids.

Looks like Im gonna go to the WBM, its only one day and Im sure there will be people that will "get" what the brz is about and not complain about it not having awd

You know I only come on here for this thread! Ha! I bounce around too many forums, and with the MR2, I've added two more to the list. I will check it out. We will definitely be up. Not sure if Josh will take the Corolla or not, but I will definitely have the 2. I'm working hard to get it in condition to trust, even though it will be a battery of an 8 hour drive on those coilovers. They're rough even around town.

I agree on the dumb kids statement. That's what I miss about Colorado most- the true love for Subarus, not for showing **** off.

You know I only come on here for this thread! Ha! I bounce around too many forums, and with the MR2, I've added two more to the list. I will check it out. We will definitely be up. Not sure if Josh will take the Corolla or not, but I will definitely have the 2. I'm working hard to get it in condition to trust, even though it will be a battery of an 8 hour drive on those coilovers. They're rough even around town.

I agree on the dumb kids statement. That's what I miss about Colorado most- the true love for Subarus, not for showing **** off.

the car scene here is bad, in a bad way, Im sure being NEPA has a lot to do with it.

How much cargo room is in the mr2? How will you two fit your stuff in there for the trip yo nc?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334931978.359554.jpg

just thought Id share even though it's only rwd, one of my co-worker's cars, he also has 3 e30s (one being an m3), an e36 m3, and his wife has a 128.

Holy Bimmer collection!

the car scene here is bad, in a bad way, Im sure being NEPA has a lot to do with it.

How much cargo room is in the mr2? How will you two fit your stuff in there for the trip yo nc?

It's got a fair amount for a little car. It has a trunk that will fit a couple of duffle bags and a Frunk that houses the spare and battery with enough room for another small bag. I'm sure if Newell comes, he will allow me to throw stuff in the hatch.

The Corolla definitely needs some loving before making a trip like that too. The clutch is nearly gone in it, and we want to get it paid off before doing that. If anything, we'd probably take the Camry as a second vehicle.

You guys are much more mechanically inclined than I, let me ask you something... The MR2 has a nice oil leak, blows smoke when boosting. My first thought was blowby since the turbo was just recently replaced and it didn't stop the smoke (blue). I think I'm going to replace the PCV as a first attempt. I pulled the intake apart and saw that very little is actually recirculating. The prior owner says he tried a catch can, but very little was caught in it, so it make me think possibly the PCV isn't doing it's job at all, or very little if so. I'll probably replace the valve cover gasket as a precaution as well, but I'd think that if that's leaking oil, it would smoke constantly, not just WOT. If the PCV isn't it, where else should I check next? Should I take the steps of pulling things apart inside and resealing?

On the list to order this weekend- Ball joints, Tie rod ends, sway bar, Prothane bushings and endlinks. Figured I'd hit everything in that area at once since they are all original. Am I missing anything?

Parts are in the car for this weekend's tear down..... Car will pretty much be brand new by Sunday afternoon....

Holy Bimmer collection!

It's got a fair amount for a little car. It has a trunk that will fit a couple of duffle bags and a Frunk that houses the spare and battery with enough room for another small bag. I'm sure if Newell comes, he will allow me to throw stuff in the hatch.

The Corolla definitely needs some loving before making a trip like that too. The clutch is nearly gone in it, and we want to get it paid off before doing that. If anything, we'd probably take the Camry as a second vehicle.

You guys are much more mechanically inclined than I, let me ask you something... The MR2 has a nice oil leak, blows smoke when boosting. My first thought was blowby since the turbo was just recently replaced and it didn't stop the smoke (blue). I think I'm going to replace the PCV as a first attempt. I pulled the intake apart and saw that very little is actually recirculating. The prior owner says he tried a catch can, but very little was caught in it, so it make me think possibly the PCV isn't doing it's job at all, or very little if so. I'll probably replace the valve cover gasket as a precaution as well, but I'd think that if that's leaking oil, it would smoke constantly, not just WOT. If the PCV isn't it, where else should I check next? Should I take the steps of pulling things apart inside and resealing?

On the list to order this weekend- Ball joints, Tie rod ends, sway bar, Prothane bushings and endlinks. Figured I'd hit everything in that area at once since they are all original. Am I missing anything?

Definitely go for the PCV, check to see that the PO didn't route the vent hoses incorrectly to where it would cause a buildup of pressure in the crankcase (which would lead to leaks and smoking under wot/boost)

Dawn's other half and I looked at it a bit this weekend... PCV is routed properly, but definitely going to swap it out for a new one. It's possible that it's gummed up. While that's going on, I will trplace the valve cover gasket and degrease the block to see exactly where the oil is coming from if it continues.

I also had Shawn follow me for a bit to see just how much smoke was coming out and when it was. He tells me I am running very rich and it is blowing at all speeds, but feels it is predominately gas, not as much oil smoke. So my next project will be working on that.

Nate- what were you working on this weekend?

could be a bad seal, does the turbo require any kind of oil restrictor on the feed line to keep the flow under control?

Back